Builds Big Red Toy (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got any wire or metal strapping? You could use two screws close to the shaft and use the wire to keep the shaft in. You wrap the wire around each bolt enough to restrain the shaft. Just an idea.

Decided against the strap. Didn't want it binding with the drive shaft.

Zip ties are good for more than just handling prisoners.

20190130_165659.jpg

s***ty job, but will have to do until I get that bolt out.

Nice example of adaptability.

If it’s leaking under the truck it’s probably rear heater line. If it’s heater core well that just sucks. You can bypass both if needed by connecting your engine heater lines together. Although it’s not the best week for no heat but at least we are in Texas and not further north.

Decided against the strap. Didn't want it binding with the drive shaft.

Zip ties are good for more than just handling prisoners.

s***ty job, but will have to do until I get that bolt out.

e4ae1233a39f7365830ba45b5037af43--red-green-pictures-of.jpg

If it’s leaking under the truck it’s probably rear heater line. If it’s heater core well that just sucks. You can bypass both if needed by connecting your engine heater lines together. Although it’s not the best week for no heat but at least we are in Texas and not further north.
I'm just praying it's not another head gasket. I refilled it with about a pint and a half of coolant. This morning I noticed steam coming out of the louvers in the hood when I wasn't moving. I chalked it up to condensation.

First order of business. Skip work to fix the transfer case .
20190131_075230.jpg

Found the source of the coolant leak. The heater hose has been rubbing on the hot side of the turbo.
The technician was laughing at my zip tie job.

New bolt, new hose and lots of dollars later, going to work.
20190131_102820.jpg

Kept the zip ties as insurance.

Princess just informed me that the first of several boxes has arrived at the house.

IMG-20190201-WA0000.jpg

Over the next week or so I should be getting a lot more boxes. One particular part is on back order so expectation is a few weeks before I get it.

Gonna be building out the Tacoma for the old lady.

Showed up at home late last night and found that I have a few free guns waiting for me.
20190202_002205.jpg

The 3 in the center are the ones I care for, I'm gifting the pink one to the princess.

So today, I drive to my friend's place and shot for hours.
20190202_144804.jpg

20190202_144820.jpg

20190202_155908.jpg

20190202_180101.jpg

How many yards do you sight your riffles in at?
Many ranges out here in Oregon have a 1,000 yard gong.
Seeing those cattle got me craving a ribeye steak.

For CQB rifles we usually sight in at about 25 meters, pistols a bit closer and long rifles at about 100 meters.

Last edited:
I occasionally feel like I built the wrong expeditionary truck, but then I remember I can use it as a daily driver.

I've always had a weakness for unimogs, and nearly bought one once.

My son just texted me this picture. He took it when were camping in the Davis mountains. I think it looks good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom