Builds Big Red Toy (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did you have issues with Javilinas while camping. Those ****ers kept me up all night rooting around my camp.

Did you have issues with Javilinas while camping. Those f***ers kept me up all night rooting around my camp.
Funny story, they got into our cooler while we were away from camp. They ate all the eggs and lettuce. The campers staying near us had to scare them away and put the cooler up where they couldn't get to it.

Last edited:
Had to look up Javilinas, no clue what that was :lol: Peccary, aka javilinas, aka skunk-pig. Never heard of this creature.

sorry for the mini hijack

Not a big red update, but close enough.
Started working on my backup zombie apocalypse truck. Cosmetic work this weekend, but it will be getting a lift with adjustable fox racing shocks and heavy duty OME leaf springs by next weekend.

I just don't like chrome. Old look.

New look.
I broke a replaceable fastener and had to use my first zip tie on this pickup. The wife saw it and now I'm in trouble.

Got two 3.5 gallons fuel cans. Waiting on the mounting hardware to show up.

Tomorrow I'll be building a Russian assault rifle with the guys and shooting it at my buddy's place.

Last edited:
I drove out to Toyota country to build up my old vepr 223. Drank, ate and watched the guys struggle with their mods. Reminded me why I lean towards Russian weapons. Well, Russian weapons with American accessories.

Yes, those are airplane wings by the boat.

A few minutes to disassemble.

A few more minutes to reassemble with locktite.

Final look.

I have owned this for nearly 18 years. I only remember cleaning it twice. Yet to have a jam or double feed .

In big red news, I'm getting the steering pump looked at, its been leaking more lately. Getting a once over before round up next month.

Last edited:
Going under the knife. By Wednesday this will be a different truck.

In Big Red news, still getting it ready for round up.

Last edited:
I guess I can update on Medium Red (not actual name) while Big Red is down and getting ready for Round Up 2019.

I think that looks good and glad I went with the ICONS uppers instead of the Total Chaos. Need to figure out the ride settings for highway vs offroad. The front diff was dropped by an inch or so.

Look at the difference between the stock leafs and the OME heavies.

Down the line I'll get a bumper and winch, leaning towards ARB and WARN combo but we'll see what's in the budget and what's on special when the time comes.

Waiting on my 1.25 in steel wheel spacers then I can start shopping for larger tires.

Very cool, Mike.

How are the guys at LCS doing? I haven't had the time to swing by there in a long time.

Last edited:
Very cool, Mike.

How are the guys at LCS doing? I haven't had the time to swing by there in a a long time.
I spoke with Edwin on the phone, didn't get to see him. I saw Hunter and Shawn, they are doing well. I wish I was in Austin, would have liked to work on the suspension.

See you at Roundup again? Ill have my big 60 again this year though I was debating trailering out the 80 series to do some crawling. :cheers: Hopefully we dont crinkle our fenders anymore this year...

See you at Roundup again? Ill have my big 60 again this year though I was debating trailering out the 80 series to do some crawling. :cheers: Hopefully we dont crinkle our fenders anymore this year...
I'll be there this year with some more friends who are new to cruisers. Will be fun.

This is the last update on the Tacoma before going back to Big Red.

This is how it sits right now. I like it a lot, but need bigger tires soon.

I can adjust the compression and rebound speed on all 4 shocks. I'll have to mess with it for a while to decide what settings I like for the highway and what settings for offroading.

As far as the initial drive goes, i love it. I think is should come this lifted from the factory. I'll wait for the rear leafs to settle before readjusting the front height. Now I almost have a completed spare zombie apocalypse truck.

Last edited:
Will post up a bunch of pictures from this year's round up some time this week, but I wanted to sow off my ten year old's photography skills.
R.jpg
FullSrizeR.jpg
FullSdizeR.jpg

We had a blast, can't wait for next year.

Don't encourage him, Hojack!

Mike, it was good to meet your son.

So it's been a week since round up and I've noticed my tires look slightly off camber. When I use a floor jack to lift the front axle they straighten up and don't have any wiggle. I drove it from Mason to my house then from my house to San Antonio, roughly a 200 mile trip without issue. Any idea why this is happening?
20190324_182126.jpg
20190324_182132.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom