Best Upgrades for Under $100 (200-Series) (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

X-BULL 3 GEN Recovery Tracks Snow Mud Track 4WD Tire Ladder Newest Orange

Last edited:

X-BULL 3 GEN Recovery Tracks Snow Mud Track 4WD Tire Ladder Newest Orange
Curious, what’s your take on the quality of those recovery boards...

Curious, what’s your take on the quality of those recovery boards...

Have not used them but they seem thick plastic. My brother used them recently and found no issue with them.

Have not used them but they seem thick plastic. My brother used them recently and found no issue with them.
Good to hear it. I’ve checked out some of the less expensive options, a few in person. They didn’t seem as heavy as the Maxtrax or KCActiontracks. My thought was they’d be suitable on a smaller/ lighter vehicle, but our trucks are heavy. Was concerned I’d be counting on them when stuck and have them fail under the weight/ torque of the pig I drive. At the price I might have to give them a shot, thanks for the tip.👍

Good to hear it. I’ve checked out some of the less expensive options, a few in person. They didn’t seem as heavy as the Maxtrax or KCActiontracks. My thought was they’d be suitable on a smaller/ lighter vehicle, but our trucks are heavy. Was concerned I’d be counting on them when stuck and have them fail under the weight/ torque of the pig I drive. At the price I might have to give them a shot, thanks for the tip.👍

Also consider the product's flexibility and ability to go back to the original shape. MaxTraxs have been shown to be able to bend around a wheel quite significantly, and then snap back into original shape. I suspect a lot of the cheaper knock-offs will snap/break in such scenarios.

have these in all our cars, way better quality than any others I have seen!

2013 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV Windshield Sun Shades, Car Window Shades and Car Window Covers by HeatShield - The Original Windshield Sunshade
1579747862532.png

I actually just picked up a set. For the style of recreational overlanding I do, I'm just looking for cheap insurance rather than heavy duty trax for extended expeditions. I'm happy to spend money for extended use items, but this is just for emergencies.

For a premium product, Maxtrax will definitely fit the bill. May also want to look at ActionTrax which is seems to be making a name for itself.

This video (which is the older gen2) proved the X-Bull worth. Comes with a storage bag to boot.

Which molle visor is this? TIA

Couple things:

wish I’d gotten a LC sooner. I’ll be bummed if it goes away. Used ones will go the way of the stainless Daytona imo.

Other thing, back to texting for a sec. Anyone else using the text>voice feature. Took a long time before I found it but it’s been great for hearing incoming texts.

apologies to all about my role in the liability argument.

With those very pretty engine covers, I always get my hands dirty when I want to check fluids.
Now I just pop the hood and can scan the fluid levels with ease.
Please tell me if I am missing something as I think those covers have little purpose other than esthetics.
The engine cover is for noise reduction and aesthetics. Can't think of anything else it'd do. I have no idea how much noise it blocks, but I guarantee it's some.;)

The cover between the grille and core support is almost certainly there to help direct airflow through the radiator, thus increasing cooling efficiency. IMO, it also helps greatly with aesthetics.

Neither cover prevents you from checking any fluid levels when they're installed, nor do you have to even touch them while doing so.

Do as you wish, but I know mine will be staying where the Toyota engineers designed them to stay.

I definitely would not leave off the cover between the grille and radiator. I'd be dropping stuff down there all the time if I did.

The engine cover on the LC doesn't get in the way, but the LX has a bunch more stuff to hide all those ugly engine bits, ya that would be a pain to have to work around.

Also, the YotaMD Titanium Key Fob Shell. Especially if your factory fob is starting to get cracked or you want less bulk in your pocket. Very well made and designed!
YOTAMD Thread HERE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom