Best Upgrades for Under $100 (200-Series) (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Let’s you charge your phone and use the auxiliary jack at the same time!

Updated 2 in 1 Charging Audio Cable Compatible with iPhone 7 8 X Xs Xr, Works with Car Stereo Speaker Headphone Car Charger and Phone to 3.5mm Stereo Aux Cable (Black) Amazon product ASIN B07Y37YLRZ

I use this for my phone with the piece that sticks to the back of the phone case

I ordered a bunch of items from this thread. What do you all use for a small trash can for long road trips?

Has anybody mentioned converting all the interior lighting to LEDs?

Has anybody mentioned converting all the interior lighting to LEDs?
I dont think its been mentioned. Maybe because, I'm guessing, its something we all do without a second thought. I like superbrightleds.com because I can pick out brightness and color temp I want. I've never been disappointed with their bulbs or the color matching. I used red for the courtesy lights and the whitest whites for other interior bulbs. Diode Dynamics makes a great led array that i used for the rear dome light. It comes with adapters to fit any socket and it is bright and white. Dont bother changing out dashboard instrument bulbs. They dont dim and imo are too bright to be staring you in the face on a dark stretch of road.

I dont think its been mentioned. Maybe because, I'm guessing, its something we all do without a second thought. I like superbrightleds.com because I can pick out brightness and color temp I want. I've never been disappointed with their bulbs or the color matching. I used red for the courtesy lights and the whitest whites for other interior bulbs. Diode Dynamics makes a great led array that i used for the rear dome light. It comes with adapters to fit any socket and it is bright and white. Dont bother changing out dashboard instrument bulbs. They dont dim and imo are too bright to be staring you in the face on a dark stretch of road.
I think vleds.com are better. Have been using those for years. My 2020 turn signals and reverse are from them.

It’s the cleanest, cheapest, least intrusive solution I’ve seen.

View attachment 2182166

I got mine today. I noticed that volume is considerably lower compared to using aux cable. Other than that it seems good. Just letting future purchasers know.

I got mine today. I noticed that volume is considerably lower compared to using aux cable. Other than that it seems good. Just letting future purchasers know.
I use the Tunai Firefly too but I usually have my phone vol around 80-85% and then use the truck vol.

Make sure the volume on your phone is not turned down.

I have cell phone volume 100%, but where I would normally listen in the 20-25 range, now I am in the upper 30 range. I put the aux cable back in just to double check. I have noticed the bass being more punchy with bluetooth as opposed to aux. Like the subwoofer is really being pushed even at lower volumes.

Some of the ones I just obtained and really enjoy.

ProClip - gives easy access to the phone. Solid. Way better than the magnetic mount I had installed in the vent. Fits my iPhone 10 with case and my wife's iPhone 7 < she does need an upgrade

Battery monitor for aux battery in engine bay. Have not tested the alarm function but auto off seems to work. For the price figured it was work taking a chance. So far so good.
Amazon product ASIN B07759SLYP
Console cooler box storage tray - thanks to others for posting the link. Storage is sparse up front for such a big beast.
Amazon product ASIN B01KCP5VK6
Mug holder insert. Again thanks to another member posting a pic. Link is here:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M028L5E/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Techstream cable and software - disabled that seatbelt warning sound. Need to make some other changes (i.e. windows up/down via fob and door handle). Got on eBay from a guy in Bulgaria. Works fine on my Windows 10 laptop.

Tile Pro on on fob - finds my iPhone or phone finds my LC fob unless it's in this faraday pouch at night. Read a post last month about a member getting his LC stolen while in Canada and suspected it was a relay attack on his fob, interesting if that was indeed the method. Anyway, it has two pouches, one is shielded and it does work. So much for using the Tile when it's in the shielded pouch.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MDF5TX9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Battery gauge.jpg

IMG_7334.jpg

ProClip.jpg

IMG_7341.jpg

I have these on both sun visors Velcro Visor Organizer | Black
they have a velcro version and a Molle version in different colors $29 each

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom