These can be had used on Amazon for just under $100. About 1/4 the price of the “more power puller” that they’re a copy of
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.
Anderson connectors are reliable and offer lots of flexibility. I can easily switch power connections on the fly as needed. You won’t regret. Not sure about the knock offs on Amazon. I’ve also bought the real ones from here:Discussed in another power station thread. For anyone serious about off-roading and power setups, get yourself an Anderson connector and crimp kit.
Cigarette lighters are the bane of reliable power setups. Cut them off and replace with Andersons. Many a campout where we not only spend time talking Andersons around the campfire, but also helping a buddy get crimped with Andersons.
I've tried both the amazon knockoffs and the powerwerx. The powerwerx IMO is worth the premium. Though I never had any issues with the amazon ones. It just felt like a cheap toy in quality and feel.Anderson connectors are reliable and offer lots of flexibility. I can easily switch power connections on the fly as needed. You won’t regret. Not sure about the knock offs on Amazon. I’ve also bought the real ones from here:
![]()
150 Piece Assorted 15/30/45A Anderson Powerpole Case by Powerwerx
Assorted 150 piece kit includes the popular 15/30/45A Powerpole series housings and contacts in a handy organizer case. Includes red & black unassembled & permanently bonded housings, contacts for gauges 10 to 20, Powerpole retaining clips and roll pins.powerwerx.com
I thought they were already LEDs?Anyone replaced their OEM taillight bulbs with Diode Dynamics? I've replaced my backing and turn lights with their LEDs, but not the taillights so far. Based on Toyota OEM bulb type, these look like the right ones? Anyone able to confim? (These are under $100 - and I did a search about this with no luck)
![]()
7440/7443 XP80 Tail Light LED Bulbs
Features Direct replacement for factory incandescent 7440/7443-size tail light bulb. Sixteen high-power 5W LEDs arranged in all directions. Metal heatsink to maintain high output. Inductive constant-current drive circuit. Increased output with LED appearance. Plug and play, simple installation...www.diodedynamics.com
I have a 2014. It’s like LED wasn’t invented yet (being facetious, but not far off).I thought they were already LEDs?
I am a big DD fan (noice). One thing to consider is whether or not these bulbs need a resistor to function correctly. That is a no go imo as I’ve done it before and it leads to an additional point of failure, continuous troubleshooting headache generator, etc. I am hopeful they’ve got it to a legit plug and play application and if so, they are good to deal with for warranty replacements/customer service.Anyone replaced their OEM taillight bulbs with Diode Dynamics? I've replaced my backing and turn lights with their LEDs, but not the taillights so far. Based on Toyota OEM bulb type, these look like the right ones? Anyone able to confim? (These are under $100 - and I did a search about this with no luck)
![]()
7440/7443 XP80 Tail Light LED Bulbs
Features Direct replacement for factory incandescent 7440/7443-size tail light bulb. Sixteen high-power 5W LEDs arranged in all directions. Metal heatsink to maintain high output. Inductive constant-current drive circuit. Increased output with LED appearance. Plug and play, simple installation...www.diodedynamics.com
You only need the resistor for turn signal bulbs. Older flashers rely on the resistance of the filament bulbs to trigger the flash. The better option is to also install their nifty digital Smart Tap flasher.I am a big DD fan (noice). One thing to consider is whether or not these bulbs need a resistor to function correctly. That is a no go imo as I’ve done it before and it leads to an additional point of failure, continuous troubleshooting headache generator, etc. I am hopeful they’ve got it to a legit plug and play application and if so, they are good to deal with for warranty replacements/customer service.
I've upgraded all my bulbs to LEDs but my brake lights didn't need to be done. 2015 200I have a 2014. It’s like LED wasn’t invented yet (being facetious, but not far off).
I think the smart tap (relay thing) is only for certain years iirc.You only need the resistor for turn signal bulbs. Older flashers rely on the resistance of the filament bulbs to trigger the flash. The better option is to also install their nifty digital Smart Tap flasher.
They usually run sales around all major holidays. Definitely worth keeping an eye out for!I spoke to the DD guys at Overland Expo. He told me to find the OEM part number/bulb type (7443) and to find the commensurate bulb on their site. Figured I’d check here first. They have a Labor Day sale, so I was going to be proactive and finish all the swaps to LED. I might call - thank you for the comments.
True, up to '15. Something changed in the '16 face lift that the Smart Tap won't work.I think the smart tap (relay thing) is only for certain years iirc.
My guess is factory LED’s?True, up to '15. Something changed in the '16 face lift that the Smart Tap won't work.
I picked up one of these phone mounts and it would be a steal at three times the price.I find the factory BSM useful but it doesn't instill confidence without actually seeing what could be there.
View attachment 4198123
Amazon.com - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CHMMNK3F?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_fed_asin_title&th=1
An inexpensive alternative to bespoke car mounts.
View attachment 4198125
Where is the best place to buy these from?I have top racks for my surf fishing rods that I pretty much leave on year-round that have wind noise, so I don't notice anything from the vents. Yes, windows cracked when it's raining, or when it's hot and I park outside to keep the cabin from getting as warm. Plus they look amazing.
View attachment 4156563
View attachment 4156564
View attachment 4156562
@xtern0 - thanks for the link for the USB-C. Just got it installed. Used these two videos below to knock out the install. One to gain access to the blank accessory slot and the other I just followed the Hamilton CarPlay install video to take off the infotainment and center panels. Easy plug and play pigtail onto the 12V outlet.View attachment 4120945
Blank accessory panel access -
Hamilton CarPlay install - .