Bilstein vs OME shocks? Part numbers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Went with some OME CS004rb rear and CS004f front springs (rough lift 2-3 inches) and am torn between Bilstein 5100/5125/4600 shocks VS. Old Man Emu. I hear the Bilsteins are giving a great ride and the OME ones as of late are valved a bit stiff?
Anyone with some good info/details they are willing to share?
Thanks!

Last edited:
I've got about 20,000 miles on mine. I didn't want the OME stuff on my truck. Didnt seem like great value.

Front 33-230368 360/80 valving for an arb bumper and winch up front.
Rear 33-185606 255/70 valving.

I've been very happy with both 400 lbs over and completely empty and the 33-105606 rear.

I'm running CS005F and CS005RA/RB and it rides great. I've had the truck flexed out off road and the shock lengths were not an issue.

I've got about 20,000 miles on mine. I didn't want the OME stuff on my truck. Didnt seem like great value.

Front 33-230368 360/80 valving for an arb bumper and winch up front.
Rear 33-185606 255/70 valving.

I've been very happy with both 400 lbs over and completely empty and the 33-105606 rear.

I'm running CS005F and CS005RA/RB and it rides great. I've had the truck flexed out off road and the shock lengths were not an issue.

View attachment 1904506

You did not have to use a shock mount adapter then?

No, the end styles are correct for my 87.

You may have to swap the rear upper bushings depending on what upper shock pins you've got, but that isn't a huge issue.

Thanks for the info! Anyone see or know of a guide by OME showing the valving rates of the Nitrocharger Sport shocks?

I doubt you will find that info. The shocks are nothing special, and word on the trail is that they're made by Monroe in the States.

I really like the new tough dog shocks @wngrog purchased. I would have considered those if they were an option back then.

Any idea where to buy just the shocks? I see kits but no individual shock sales for the tough dog..

Any idea where to buy just the shocks? I see kits but no individual shock sales for the tough dog..

Trail Tailor sells the Tough Dog shocks individually. I bought a set awhile back, have not installed as I'm waiting to complete a bigger project at the same time. Can't wait to see how much difference they make. I have Emu shocks that came with a whole suspension kit thats probably 10+ years old now.

I doubt you will find that info. The shocks are nothing special, and word on the trail is that they're made by Monroe in the States.

I really like the new tough dog shocks @wngrog purchased. I would have considered those if they were an option back then.

Old man emu is made by Monroe?

I’m curious which shocks just ride the smoothest unloaded. I have kyb gas-a-just and if I roll over a speed bump at 5mph I will almost come out of my seat. But on a dirt road at 40 it’s smooth. 🤷‍♂️

Need all 4 shocks. Mostly around town up+down my mountain...no offroading. Suggestions?

late to the party but i just picked up 4 stock replacement bilstein for my unlifted 94LC,most of my driving is DD with some rough roads(FS roads)no serious off roading.these are going in this weekend,not for a lifted vehicle.

IMG_1048.JPG

Went with some OME CS004rb rear and CS004f front springs (rough lift 2-3 inches) and am torn between Bilstein 5100/5125/4600 shocks VS. Old Man Emu. I hear the Bilsteins are giving a great ride and the OME ones as of late are valved a bit stiff?
Anyone with some good info/details they are willing to share?
Thanks!
How do you like the OME 4s F+B? Im leaning towards that set up...I got the Blisteins @HemiAlex suggested and have no complaints as they are far better than the 10 year old shocks i had on my rig!!!

How do you like the OME 4s F+B? Im leaning towards that set up...I got the Blisteins @HemiAlex suggested and have no complaints as they are far better than the 10 year old shocks i had on my rig!!!
Glad you like them. I’ve got 40k on mine and they’re still great.

Glad you like them. I’ve got 40k on mine and they’re still great.
I have <500 + love em lol. I miss my rig. :/ queston; im getting OMEs....leaning towrds 4s front + rear...you have the 5s front + rear. Think theres a big difference? I dnt wheel...will prlly hit aome ole mining trails. ..will have a rack + TT alum bumpers front + rear. Whattya think?

I have <500 + love em lol. I miss my rig. :/ queston; im getting OMEs....leaning towrds 4s front + rear...you have the 5s front + rear. Think theres a big difference? I dnt wheel...will prlly hit aome ole mining trails. ..will have a rack + TT alum bumpers front + rear. Whattya think?
I like my 005 springs with the bilsteins. No complaints. With the rear tire carrier and heavy front bumper and winch.

I load mine down a lot, and I wheel. It works well.

5882B11E-A69B-4541-9FF4-0A74D56494B4.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom