Best mod for under $100? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This may have already been mentioned but has saved my battery many times. A small carabiner can be stuck up into the rear hatch’s latch mechanism and it deactivates the overhead lights. Just finger the release lever and the carabiner drops right out. Extra points for adding something to the carabiner so you don’t forget to pull it before closing the hatch. Mods under $1.00 if you just get a carabiner.

AA0320BE-4903-45C8-9F95-6C3F39867472.jpeg

5666D98B-4101-4336-8EE0-216E5865DF22.jpeg

Here's my list:
  • LSPV delete. Install a union where the LSPV currently lives. ($10)
  • ABS delete. Reuse existing wiring. FREE
  • 7 pin mod/hazard switch for CDL control. ($20)
  • Rear hatch carabiner, eyebolts in the 3rd row seatbelt holes ($20)
  • OEM interior light mounted on rear hatch with bright LED ($30)
  • Chinese snorkel ($60)

Here's my list:
  • Chinese snorkel ($60)
Do you have a link to what you suggest for the Rear hatch carabiner, eyebolts in the 3rd row seatbelt holes ($20)? I am starting to look at options for those seatbelt holes and came across your mention of it.

EDIT - I didn't realize I was in the 80's forum. I have a 100. Would still be interested in what you suggest. Thanks!

Do you have a link to what you suggest for the Rear hatch carabiner, eyebolts in the 3rd row seatbelt holes ($20)? I am starting to look at options for those seatbelt holes and came across your mention of it.

EDIT - I didn't realize I was in the 80's forum. I have a 100. Would still be interested in what you suggest. Thanks!

Search for racing harness eye-bolts. There's loads of options on eBay
Seat belts use 7/16UNF thread by international standards.
The same thread is used in racing circles.

Screenshot_20211016-205715_eBay.jpg

New keys from ToyotaMatt.

I paid less than $80 in total for three OEM key blanks from ToyotaMatt plus the dealer fee to cut them based on VIN code. Alternatively, ToyotaMatt can cut to the tumbler code if you have that. These new OEM keys fixed the key's hesitation to rotation in door locks and ignition.

Here's my list:
  • Chinese snorkel ($60)
I can't believe I just read through 18 pages of sub-$100 mods - so awesome! I've been struggling to see a use for eye bolts at the top of my rig. I've never wanted to tie anything down from an anchor point up high. Could someone kindly provide a good use for these things? It'd be so easy to do that I want to believe they'd be useful...

I can't believe I just read through 18 pages of sub-$100 mods - so awesome! I've been struggling to see a use for eye bolts at the top of my rig. I've never wanted to tie anything down from an anchor point up high. Could someone kindly provide a good use for these things? It'd be so easy to do that I want to believe they'd be useful...
Child seat rear backrest tether
Gear sling
Clothesline

I think a guy used them to hang a hammock inside his rig. He hung it diagonal across the back.

This may have already been mentioned but has saved my battery many times. A small carabiner can be stuck up into the rear hatch’s latch mechanism and it deactivates the overhead lights. Just finger the release lever and the carabiner drops right out. Extra points for adding something to the carabiner so you don’t forget to pull it before closing the hatch. Mods under $1.00 if you just get a carabiner.

I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but this is such an incredibly wonderful simple idea. So often I turned off the interior lights cuz I had the rear hatch open for a long time and didn't want the lights on. Eureka!

My carabiner dongle now hangs proudly from my 3rd row eyebolt.

20220720_120021.jpg

I sell with a base to match the interior color.

Does filling up count as a mod?

20220725_201725.jpg

Yea. A weight reduction mod for your wallet.

And I am excited because this is the first full up under $100.00 this year.

Given the current inflation rate, we are going to have to make this thread "Best Modifications for under $300" soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom