Best mod for under $100? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Have verified editability even without being signed in to google. just click the link above that embedded sheet and you can add stuff!
@woody
Can it be stickied or link edited into the first page?

Went through and made a spreadsheet of everybody's suggestions in this thread, have a look:

CLICK HERE to edit googlesheet

it just has the first person who called out a mod listed as the submitter. I'm sure I missed some and misspelled some.

I was reading through the thread and was banging my head against the wall trying to sift through everything. The engineer in me had to make it a little easier to read through in order to just extract the necessary data. Anybody who clicks on that link can edit the spreadsheet, so please don't delete everything. Just add stuff I may have missed, or don't, whatever floats your boat.

Most of these didn't have costs, I tried linking to pics of installs and products, and include costs when I could.

That's awesome!

:cheers:

Went through and made a spreadsheet of everybody's suggestions in this thread, have a look:

CLICK HERE to edit googlesheet

Most of these didn't have costs, I tried linking to pics of installs and products, and include costs when I could.

I fixed the link for the adjustable rear panhard.

100$ now gets you a full box plus some of sound deadener. Lining all the doors and wheel wells will go a looooong ways in driver comfort, using the extra on floor or ceiling for added benefits is highly recommended.

$10 shelf on letgo and a few hose clamps

18-48-black-wire-shelf.jpg

IMG_0210.jpg

$60 in Plastidip for black rims

I see $4.99 a gallon for Non Ethanol 92 octane :)

best mod under a 100? permanent mount fire extiguisher.

30mm spring spacer, most cost effective lift for when cash is tight

p/s cooler, better than the paperclip
I'd argue 19 mm (ergo 0.75"), 1" yields 2" lift, which could be too much for bump stops to control uptravel (if using the rig's full travel off road).
therefore 3/4" yields 1.5" lift (fine levelling and lift the skid off the ground).
But I agree, for $40shipped and a functional clearance gain w/o real sacrifice (and learning vehicle capabilities and saving pennies for a proper lift)... I'm rocking it while wheeling it. 🤙👍

Yeti SS bottle opener on the labs rear....fits perfectly on the can carrier.

BD_rear_lights.png

Your 80 already has at least 6 OEM bottle openers.

Rear seat recline mod is my vote, and free. 5 minutes per seat and you're done. Rear passengers on longer drives are happy.

I'd argue 19 mm (ergo 0.75"), 1" yields 2" lift, which could be too much for bump stops to control uptravel (if using the rig's full travel off road).
therefore 3/4" yields 1.5" lift (fine levelling and lift the skid off the ground).
But I agree, for $40shipped and a functional clearance gain w/o real sacrifice (and learning vehicle capabilities and saving pennies for a proper lift)... I'm rocking it while wheeling it. 🤙👍

I added them when I still had the saggy stock springs so that wasn't really a huge issue for me. either way its the most amount of lift for the least amount of $$

I would definitely say this now supersedes zip ties.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom