Bent Rear Lower Control Arm - Any Recommendations? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Update 100215: Straightened and sleeved. They should withstand some banging and retained the OEM bushing. See bottom post for pics.

Update 091515: Now looking to straighten/sleeve or trus OEMs.

Orig Post: Bent up my rear lower control arm - any recommendations on heavy duty replacement. Looks like SPC makes them for 200 series. I did email @sleeoffroad a few moments ago as well. Thanks!

Last edited:
Are you sure they aren't salvageable? I'm thinking that pretty much unless they're broken, they're salvageable. I bent the crap out of both of mine on the 80 and straightened them with a 20 ton press and trussed them with angle iron. Never had a problem since:D

8-08 (Small).jpg

nice job on thosee

Are you sure they aren't salvageable? I'm thinking that pretty much unless they're broken, they're salvageable. I bent the crap out of both of mine on the 80 and straightened them with a 20 ton press and trussed them with angle iron. Never had a problem since:D

View attachment 1137814
Not broken - I'll look a bit closer for cracks - SPCs are $400 - I don't have fab shop friends other than James at The Truck Shop nor do I have the tools other than a sledge hammer and beer. If straightening and sleeving/trussing is much less expensive seems to make sense - @619TOY you have other reccos here in SD? Thanks man!!

The only other cruiser guy that I know of that might take on little fab projects in SD is Noah, you might check with him. It's only a couple hour job from start to finish. Other than the down time for paint drying ;)

Unfortunately I just lost my access to the fab shop next door when they moved:crybaby::crybaby:

If you were close to Sacramento I would have helped you out.

Steve at sonoran steel might be able to make you up a sweet set

After this your comments on this thread and some of my fellow cruiser friends w/80s & 100s I'm convinced if no cracks to straighten, sleeve or truss and retain the OEM rubber. I'll try local in San Diego, if no luck I'll widen my fab cast net. Thanks.

Turn it over and run the same trail....:hillbilly:

I've been on OME links for 18 months...zero complaints, and no bends...

It's not everyday that @woody makes an appearance in the 200 section!

As to the LCA's. I have something in the works I am going to fab up, but i'll say no more until they are ready.

@AG200 , check out Superior Engineering out of Australia. They have some super nice Zinc coated LCA's for a 200 series.

Control Arms Lower Heavy Duty

It's not everyday that @woody makes an appearance in the 200 section!

As to the LCA's. I have something in the works I am going to fab up, but i'll say no more until they are ready.

@AG200 , check out Superior Engineering out of Australia. They have some super nice Zinc coated LCA's for a 200 series.

Control Arms Lower Heavy Duty

I'd steer clear of poly bushings. OEM is the only way to go if you like the quiet ride that you have now.

Replace or straighten/sleeve if they bend. But what do you do if they streeeeeeetch?

canguro_lcas (Small).jpg

We replaced them :D

These are the OE Toyota lower control arms on the Canguro Racing 200 Series. Following a few years of racing including the Baja 1000, several Vegas to Reno and others... they were due for fresh arms.

Haha, have never seen that happen!

Kurt, any chance you know the difference in length between the 200 and 80/100 lower control arms?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom