Basic Offset question - does it matter? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking to add 18" Method 305NV Wheels and K02 tires. They have the 0 offset available today or I can wait two - three weeks for 25 offset (stock). I am a tire newbie who will use these 90% of the time for daily driving and maybe 10% off pavement. Is there any real difference? If so, what do you recommend?

0 offset will stick out of the fenders farther and likely rub if wheeled hard and the suspension flexing. 25 will sit further into the fender (still out from stock which is a 60 offset) and tuck better with the suspension flexed. Up to you. If you're not going to flex it much, it probably won't make much of any difference, especially if you don't plan on running a tire bigger than 275/70/18.

0 offset will stick out of the fenders farther and likely rub if wheeled hard and the suspension flexing. 25 will sit further into the fender (still out from stock which is a 60 offset) and tuck better with the suspension flexed. Up to you. If you're not going to flex it much, it probably won't make much of any difference, especially if you don't plan on running a tire bigger than 275/70
0 offset will stick out of the fenders farther and likely rub if wheeled hard and the suspension flexing. 25 will sit further into the fender (still out from stock which is a 60 offset) and tuck better with the suspension flexed. Up to you. If you're not going to flex it much, it probably won't make much of any difference, especially if you don't plan on running a tire bigger than 275/70/18.
Get the 25’s. TireS outside the wheel wells throw mud/rocks all over the side of your truck. Plus, it looks stupid.

It's a bit funky to visualize, so here you go:
1693325252633.png

The less offset, the further out the wheel will sit. factory wheels are 60mm offset. The further out the wheel sits, the more you will rub. A 33" tire at 60mm offset won't rub, while that same 33" tire at 0mm offset will definitely rub the pinchweld in the front when turning, and likely the splash guard mount at the top of the front fender.

On a 25 offset can I get away with a 275/70/18 tire?

There's a real good change you're going to rub a lot more than you expect.

I ran 275/70r18's on 60mm offset + 1.25" spacers (so, effectively a ~31mm offset) and I rubbed top of fender at full bump + needed to hammer down the pinchweld.

Definitely not a deal breaker, you can definitely get away with it.

Sounds like the tires shops are recommending 285/60/18.

Ideally, I would like to get to a 32" tire on 18 inch wheels

Sounds like the tires shops are recommending 285/60/18.

Ideally, I would like to get to a 32" tire on 18 inch wheels
frankly, i wouldn't listen to the tire shops for anything to do with sizing above the door sticker. They fought me over my 285/75r16 and said they wouldn't fit...

1693338704810.png

Sounds like I can do a 275/65/18 and get the 32" plus be able to take some aftermarket wheels without risk of rubbing. I am not doing any major off roading.
Ended up getting 4 new Continental AT's - 275/65/18 - adding Method wheels next week. So far, tires are great.

Ended up getting 4 new Continental AT's - 275/65/18 - adding Method wheels next week. So far, tires are great.
Nice choice on the Method wheels, love em!

printpic4734-07-28-2020-X3.jpg

I am looking to add 18" Method 305NV Wheels and K02 tires. They have the 0 offset available today or I can wait two - three weeks for 25 offset (stock). I am a tire newbie who will use these 90% of the time for daily driving and maybe 10% off pavement. Is there any real difference? If so, what do you recommend?

Stock is 60. Unless you're going for a real wide tire (say a 315) this is perhaps the most forgiving with large tires.

25 is significantly more aggressive. You can fit less tire before you need to start hammering or trimming the pinch weld behind the tire.

0 is very aggressive and IMO non-ideal. You're well beyond the fenders and you're going to sling road debris and dirt/mud all over your car and other's all while significantly limiting the tire size you can run. 0 is readily available in our wheel size because it's the popular truck size. It's got that bro-dozer look (friendly jest intended).

That would be really close. 275/70/18 was fine on my 60 wheels.

I think you landed on a good size. You'll steer clear of any hassle and if you're not off-roading that tire size is A-OK.

Very nice - what color is that rig?
GoldieHahn is a 2001 LX in the Gold flavor, we call it Old Man Tan, just sounds a bit better than Gold🤪

i-4wCX9Fc-X3.jpg

i-CJ4STD8-X4.jpg

i-Cwx8tvG-X3.jpg

i-LS62STn-X3.jpg

i-Dn58ZCQ-X3.jpg

We all run Zero offset because we wheel our rigs 🤪

i-GwCqSv2-X3.jpg

i-pmLxjk6-X3.jpg

i-QKWFrMH-X3.jpg

i-PHSJVMc-X3.jpg

Thanks for the help everyone. I ended up getting four Continental Contact AT's = 275/65/18 and four Method 305NV wheels, no offset. Happy with all of it!

Next up - sliders and a roof rack!

PXL_20230907_150706033.jpg

PXL_20230907_150757814.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom