Bandi 4 door pickup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yes was the bandi
So sorry. I'm in SoCal, north of San Diego an hour. Not sure if its worth trying to recover any of the loose items? Do you know what the buy back is on it? You can PM if you don't want to make it public....

Huge bummer, hope someone is able to salvage some of your stuff for you or for the community.

still fighting with insurance on value, the adjuster seems to think it's a 1990 land cruiser and it's been hours of trying to explain how ignorant he is but getting closer and closer. haven't came to a buy back price yet or correct value so Monday will be another day and hopefully we get closer

Sure. A 1990 land cruiser PICKUP may bring a fair comp.

Buy back price is usually determined by calling 3 local salvage yards a getting a quote to buy the vehicle. Those three quotes are then averaged.

I was able to go see the truck in person, i removed the winch and the early grill from inside under the hood those were really the only two things salvageable that I was allowed to take per my insurance company without replacing them. and all the receipts scattered throughout the cab. the axles are garbage, the rear axle the yoke is busted driveline separated couldn't tell you if the housing is straight or not under the mangled mess but if it is I guess it's salvageable with a new third member and then it's a full float rear end. the front axle the passenger side hub is good driver side hub is toast has a good third member with 373s in it and a locker up front the housing is garbage the disc brake setup is Brazilian Parts they work but good luck finding parts. the frames busted in many places. the motor sitting in it crooked the brand new radiator smashed so realistically the only thing left on it that is salvageable would be the Toyota Land cruiser emblems on the aprons the front bib headlights and the clear marker lights and the passenger side hub along with the brand new brake booster and master cylinder I don't know if the motor is good. the fan pull switch, the dash grab bar, the late 60s defrost deflectors. The heater housing is good The radiator Union t is good can't think of much else so all in all maybe $1,000 max in parts, I'm $1,000 into plane tickets and a rental car but the winch was worth the trip. it's at copart in Bakersfield if anybody feels inclined to place a $10 bid

IMG_20230220_153824.jpg

no worries, I got to go see a buddy in Kingsburg so made the trip. still no actual details or police report from the transporter. I know the accident was in the Gorman area and I believe I found the chp call out of jeep pickup vs unknown vehicle. pickup off embankment. but then again it was on a transport trailer so not sure how it happened. settled with insurance and moving on to the next project and start the search over for a 4 door pickup.

The transport truck must have been speeding and coming to a complete stop and launched the cruiser

I rolled my 40 on the highway at 65mph and it wasn’t nearly that bad

I feel your pain

The fight with the insurance company was the worst part … good thing I had friends in high places (Henry C) that wrote an outstanding letter that got me a good penny for it and got to keep it even

Keep working that insurance company

So very sorry about the loss… hope all works out for you

it was on a transport trailer so not sure how it happened.

First time I've seen this. Curious what are you calling a transport trailer? A multi hauler capable of carrying at least six vehicles or a single vehicle car hauler? Were other vehicles on trailer and tow vehicle involved? By the damage looks more like the vehicle came loose at a high speed and went tumbling. Do you know if the driver was issued a ticket? Particularly for an unsecured load. Is this a licensed company? Seems the company is being vague about the details. Not a fan of suing anyone and never have but in this case if the vehicle got destroyed by carelessness I would.

Buy back price is usually determined by calling 3 local salvage yards a getting a quote to buy the vehicle. Those three quotes are then averaged.

Interesting had never heard that before. I know in Arizona totalled vehicles covered by insurance got thru an auction. In many most cases it's a salvage yard that is the winning bidder. Only time I totalled a vehicle was not in a position to buy it back. Would have liked to but had no room at the time. For an idea of the value this 84 troopy sold for $900 at auction.
wrecked HJ47.jpg

With what I spent on parts from the yard that got it I would have been better have gone and bought it auction. By then I had the room and car hauler to transport the less than fifteen miles where the auction was.

@Living in the Past, the company was newmoon express LLC out of Washington. from my understanding my truck was the last vehicle on the trailer and obviously was not secured correctly it went off the back going down I-5 and was hit by a semi while sitting in the road. occured around 930pm. it was a "one man" transport company as listed as a owner operator but had someone else driving the tow vehicle. as are most of the small transport companies probably doing everything they can to skirt the edges of what's legal and put more money in there pocket. what's done is done it was a battle with the insurance company I broke even and moved on. lost a lot of time and energy on that rig but what do you do. put a very sour taste in my mouth dealing with the insurance companies, to a point where Im probably going to down size my collection of cruisers to just a few and not have the headache if something was to go wrong. after this accident which I had no control over talking with my insurance agent we decided it would be better to part ways and I insured everything thru hagerty but that was a battle within itself trying to get values appropriate to the vehicles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom