@Ayunes Overhead mount for ScanGauge. Excellent. (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It will fit jammed straight in, but it's not easy to read. A little support to hold it at an angle should work.

IMG_20190506_114143.jpg
00000IMG_00000_BURST20190506114157796_COVER.jpg

Hi all, sorry for not posting an update in a while. :confused: In a few days I'll be testing an improved ScanGauge mount design:

- I've added mounting bosses for the Homelink components, connectors & antenna. So this mount should work with all consoles with the swing-down pocket (originally for sunglasses, garage door opener, or the voice memo gizmo), with or without Homelink.

- I've reduced cost by removing unnecessary material and changing 3D printers.

This weekend I'll check fitment and evaluate the quality of the new printer.

ScanGauge Mount, Homelink.JPG
ScanGauge Mount, Homelink 2.JPG

Note: This design doesn't yet have provisions for map lights & switches, but I can easily add those features once I confirm fitment. I'll also change from individual lights to LED tape-style illumination which is cheaper and brighter, similar to the pic below. The mount will be available with or without the switch & lighting.

data.jpg

Thank you for your patience and I will update again once I've tested the mount.

I pulled my Homelink button plate off and cut
out the two thin cross members behind it. My Scangauge II jams in the opening perfectly. I can angle it a bit, but it doesn't hang down enough without support. I could easily make a mount out of Sugru or epoxy it in, but waiting to see what @Ayune comes up with. My Scanguage lives in the ashtray for now.
It will fit jammed straight in, but it's not easy to read. A little support to hold it at an angle should work.

This is very encouraging! I'd love to get my hands on a "mini-Homelink" console like yours to design a simple screw-on bracket. If anyone is willing to part with theirs for a few days I'd be happy to make it worth your while.

@thetoyotaman @Beams37 @Lc888 @civil offroad @Bomar @Dparo @Cruisin4Bruisin @kpecks @100ownernow

Hi all, sorry for not posting an update in a while. :confused: In a few days I'll be testing an improved ScanGauge mount design:

- I've added mounting bosses for the Homelink components, connectors & antenna. So this mount should work with all consoles with the swing-down pocket (originally for sunglasses, garage door opener, or the voice memo gizmo), with or without Homelink.

View attachment 1970764 View attachment 1970762

Note: This design doesn't yet have provisions for map lights & switches, but I can easily add those features once I confirm fitment. I'll also change from individual lights to LED tape-style illumination which is cheaper and brighter, similar to the pic below. The mount will be available with or without the switch & lighting.

View attachment 1970767

This is very encouraging! I'd love to get my hands on a "mini-Homelink" console like yours to design a simple screw-on bracket. If anyone is willing to part with theirs for a few days I'd be happy to make it worth your while.

@thetoyotaman @Beams37 @Lc888 @civil offroad @Bomar @Dparo @Cruisin4Bruisin @kpecks @100ownernow
I'll send you mine. DM me @Ayune .

Happy to do another test with my '03 LX470 if need be.

View attachment 1970764 View attachment 1970762

View attachment 1970767

Thanks for the update dude !!

If you’re going down that route, maybe make a plate that will accommodate for switches!!

Sign me up for a Homelink version once it's available! I am also willing to send mine for testing purposes!

Sign me up for a Homelink version once it's available! I am also willing to send mine for testing purposes!

^^^^^ Appreciate all the offers.

I am sending mine off to @Ayune today, so he will have something to work with....so that part is covered.

I have one of @Ayune first couple of Scan Gauge Mounts. It is extremely well built. All I had to do was paint to match my interior, which was easy with the paint color recommended by @Ayune. The instructions were on point and easy to follow. EVERY hundy owner that I have showed this to wants one. Great work @Ayune!

I have one of @Ayune first couple of Scan Gauge Mounts. It is extremely well built. All I had to do was paint to match my interior, which was easy with the paint color recommended by @Ayune. The instructions were on point and easy to follow. EVERY hundy owner that I have showed this to wants one. Great work @Ayune!

Agree completely. I also have one of the first produced SC Mounts. It was easy to install (very complete instructions, everything to make it as plug and play as possible...provided). Very happy with it. All who have seen it, thought it a Factory Unit.

Hi folks, thanks for the continued interest & kind words. Here's a project update:

- I finally tested the Homelink version of the mount and everything fit well in my '98 LC. There are bosses to hold the OEM connectors. The antenna is a bit floppy and will require some tape to secure it down. @thetoyotaman is going to install it in his '03 LX and hopefully report back on fitment.

- For simplicity this version does not have map lights, but I'll soon be adding a place to mount a short LED strip light for those who want the capability.

- The new 3D printer produces a good quality part for around $80, but with slight "stepping" on the lower curved surface. I may flatten that surface a bit to minimize the effect.

- @flintknapper's mini-Homelink console arrived and I'll be squeezing a mount into it soon for those without the swing-down pocket.

- I'm setting up a storefront at the 3D printers so folks can order directly from them and save on shipping.

IMG_E5221.JPG

IMG_E5220.JPG

IMG_5219.JPG

IMG_5217.JPG

IMG_5216.JPG

Hi folks, thanks for the continued interest & kind words. Here's a project update:

- I finally tested the Homelink version of the mount and everything fit well in my '98 LC. There are bosses to hold the OEM connectors. The antenna is a bit floppy and will require some tape to secure it down. @thetoyotaman is going to install it in his '03 LX and hopefully report back on fitment.

- For simplicity this version does not have map lights, but I'll soon be adding a place to mount a short LED strip light for those who want the capability.

- The new 3D printer produces a good quality part for around $80, but with slight "stepping" on the lower curved surface. I may flatten that surface a bit to minimize the effect.

- @flintknapper's mini-Homelink console arrived and I'll be squeezing a mount into it soon for those without the swing-down pocket.

- I'm setting up a storefront at the 3D printers so folks can order directly from them and save on shipping.

View attachment 1985445

View attachment 1985444

View attachment 1985443

View attachment 1985442

View attachment 1985441

Very impressive! And with so much attention to detail! Like it could have been designed by Mr. T himself. I hope you can earn some money off of this project, you deserve it.

Looking forward to ordering and getting this part in my rig!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom