Ashville recommendations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Going to be staying at the Biltmore house Monday and Tuesday night. Looking for food destinations while there in Ashville. We have some giftcards to use but would like to hit up a local "must try" while there. Not crazy expensive but its my wife's 40th birthday so...

Ate here a while back: Lexington Avenue Brewery | Asheville, NC Good beer, good food. Although I think everything in downtown Asheville is sort of pricey. There are a lot of different restaurants in downtown Asheville, so hopefully some of the locals will help you out.

Luella's Good BBQ. Carolina Style. Had a late lunch there, relaxed atmosphere.

Never could find a decent local place for breakfast. After three days trying different local joints (one place -gasp-served the biscuits that are sold in cans), the wife finally 'convinced' me to go to Denny's.

neo burrito is a good taco place, and chai pani is a good indian restaurant, and wicked weed is a great brewery/restaurant and laughing seed is a really good vegan restaurant!

Pack's Tavern has never done me wrong. Not too expensive, good beer selection, good food.

We've done a walking food tour in Asheville twice and love it. Get to see the downtown city area, try a lot of good food. I think it's like $50-60 per person.

Though it might be sold out this late

Keep them coming

What kind of food are you looking for one of my favorites is 9 mile two locations in Asheville both really good. A few good bbq places Buxton Hall is our favorite. Alot of good unique food trucks that make the rounds at the breweries. Sierra Nevada has a really good restauraunt. Papas and Beer is good california mexican. Favorite pizza is from Barleys Tap Room Downtown. Asheville Brewing Company does pizza and a movie beers good havent tried their pizza yet. The trailblazer has good mussels and food in Black Mountain.

If you like beer, you're in Beer Heaven East of the Rockies. So many fantastic breweries, as mentioned:
  • Wicked Weed is an experience, food is ok, it's more about the overall experience.
  • LAB has fantastic/creative food, decent beer.
  • Sierra Nevada deserves a half-day excursion. The brewery and grounds are amazing; great food and beer, so much to do there.
  • Highland Brewing is the grandpappy of the A'ville brew scene, it's a very cool place that hosts food trucks, live music, and has great beer.
Then just for pure hoppy pleasure, there are another dozen or more: Burial and Green Man are 2 of my favorites (very laid back), Wedge, One World, Hi-Wire, etc etc etc.

Tupelo Honey is an institution, likely worthwhile for breakfast or lunch if no line. Our last trip, Salsa really impressed us.

Whatever you do there, enjoy it. Asheville is a trip, never know what you'll see/find/experience. Taking a break from Biltmore, the downtown area has good shopping (according to my wife), arts, music, an amazing chocolate shop - just walk around and you'll find many things to do......

There is a New Mexican restaurant downtown called 'Mountain Madre'. It is incredible. It is not Tex-mex or Cali-mex. The chef is the real deal. I have eaten there a few times and by far some of the best food in Asheville.

Pack's Tavern, 9 Mile, 12 Bones (only serve lunch)....all good choices.

For a great quick breakfast there are two locations of a place called Biscuit Head. There is one pretty close to the village. I also recommend getting a cup of their Ethiopian Goat Head coffee, it is one of my favorite blends.

They also just opened up 'Pour' which is 20 seconds from the Biltmore entrance. You pay by the oz of beer. I haven't been there yet but it was pretty popular in West Asheville before they moved to Biltmore Village.

Corner kitchen in biltmore village is really nice with a seasonal menu. Also, the Spanish tapas joint Curate downtown is really good and unique. I swore I wouldn't be able to tell the taste from pork by what the pig was fed, but damn was I wrong!

Thanks for all the reponses. I am a surf and turf kind of guy but Mexican is a favorite of ours as well. Brewery wise the wife isn't much of a beer drinker so decision will be based on food.

All good suggestions so far and so many options.

9 mile always a favorite stop when in town.

West end bakery for breakfast but without the sunnyside line/wait but I'll second tupelo honey, biscuit head, etc

Ujoint for lunch/dinner patio seating and people watching

White duck taco for a good lunch. I get criticized for this one but even doc cheys noodle house is good for a quick bite that wont kill the money/time budget.

Sierra nevada still worth seeing even if not for the brewery side of things. The fam can be entartained and well fed while you sample a brew or two

As far as surf n turf if your out toward brevard there is the more casual calabash side of things with pisgah fish camp.

Otherwise keep an eye out for the food trucks at spots like 'the wedge' mentioned.

@jfz80 you forgot to mention that Bed and Breakfast we stayed at in Etowah on the golf course lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom