Builds Arizona Jeff - Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Door Lock - Replaced the door lock motor on rear passenger's side. I first pulled the old one out and tore it down, I think the issue was plastic gearing. I decided to just order a new one. $108 on Ebay. Search for "TOYOTA OEM 6913060010 Door Lock Motor".
It is a different part # for the other side so make sure you know which one you need & order accordingly. The ebay picture they use is the same for both sides.

Winshield Washer Sprayers - Found these on Amazon. Haven't installed yet. $12. Found here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000COCTXA/?tag=ihco-20

Door Switch - Ordered (not yet rec'd) a door switch for the passenger's side. Found it on Amazon. $24. It can be found here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000EQMBIE/?tag=ihco-20

100_8531.JPG

100_8533.JPG
100_8535.JPG
100_8538.JPG

Door Lock - Replaced the door lock motor on rear passenger's side. I first pulled the old one out and tore it down, I think the issue was plastic gearing. I decided to just order a new one. $108 on Ebay. Search for "TOYOTA OEM 6913060010 Door Lock Motor".
It is a different part # for the other side so make sure you know which one you need & order accordingly. The ebay picture they use is the same for both sides.

Winshield Washer Sprayers - Found these on Amazon. Haven't installed yet. $12. Found here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000COCTXA/?tag=ihco-20

Door Switch - Ordered (not yet rec'd) a door switch for the passenger's side. Found it on Amazon. $24. It can be found here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000EQMBIE/?tag=ihco-20

100_8557.JPG

Alarm antenna^^^^^That is very interesting. My range is terrible. Like 10 ft. max. I am assuming the wire grounded is the antenna out of the module? Most old antenna's are grounded to the body so I wouldn't think it would be a problem. Curious to see what others would say though.

So what was the increase in your range?

Oh and nice location for the fire ext.!! That is my new spot but maybe on the pass side. Thanks.

Alarm antenna^^^^^That is very interesting. My range is terrible. Like 10 ft. max. I am assuming the wire grounded is the antenna out of the module? Most old antenna's are grounded to the body so I wouldn't think it would be a problem. Curious to see what others would say though.

So what was the increase in your range?

Oh and nice location for the fire ext.!! That is my new spot but maybe on the pass side. Thanks.

Having mixed results with the simple ground antenna- very long range (50') from drivers side, good from front (25'). Poor from rear (10'). Ok from pass side (15'). Might continue to perfect, but better than factory for sure.

Good call on pass side fire ext- that would be a good spot too - unless you have boys like mine who would be too tempted not to spay their brothers!

Last edited:
Wow those ranges are much better than mine. About 75% better

Maybe if you made a simple "loop" in the antenna wire to gain more resistance. Maybe a 20' piece of wire wrapped tight around something other metal then to ground.

OR Some sort of antenna amplifier.

On your door lock motor, my back hatch lock failed, and it was where the plastic arm presses onto that shaft you are pointing at with the #2 Phillips. The hole in the arm had a radial crack and would slip on the shaft. The shaft is what actuates the mechanism. I degreased the parts and epoxied it back together. You need to make sure you have it in the right spot before the epoxy sets up, and let the epoxy cure well before you use it. Mine has been about 1 year and still works well.

Nice work documenting your build progress! :wrench:

On your door lock motor, my back hatch lock failed, and it was where the plastic arm presses onto that shaft you are pointing at with the #2 Phillips. The hole in the arm had a radial crack and would slip on the shaft. The shaft is what actuates the mechanism. I degreased the parts and epoxied it back together. You need to make sure you have it in the right spot before the epoxy sets up, and let the epoxy cure well before you use it. Mine has been about 1 year and still works well.

Nice work documenting your build progress! :wrench:

Sounds like a good fix. I've seen others on here that have used a zip tie as well. Of coarse, I found that AFTER I ordered a new one!

Holy Moly!...If I didn't know mine was in the driveway, I would think that you stole it from me. I just picked this one up from the original owner with 124k miles. Factory lockers too. You and I seem to be on the same path as far as a build goes. I'm going OME 2.5" with 285 Goodyear Duratracs. Hopefully a Slee Short Bus frt. bumper and Slee Sliders. Not sure on the rear bumper yet.

I also had the rear passenger door apart as my window came off the track and I needed to put the little wheel in the channel. Thanks to my 11 year old son for playing with the window up and down until it fell out. I will follow your progress and look forward to more pics.
20140223_131252.jpg
20140223_131252.jpg

100_8586.JPG
100_8591.JPG
100_8598.JPG
Installed the CDL this weekend and did the 7-pin mod. Lots of great info on this site on how to do the 7-pin, but here's a few pics of it as well. I moved the rear defrost down to the bottom of the display next to the rear heat (both of which will rarely be used). Also moved the alarm to the center, I figured it's still a good idea to keep the blinky red light visible to the bad guys.

For reference, the "7th pin" is the smaller (there are two) black wire with the blue tracer. I had a hard time finding that on the site so I thought I'd post for clarification.

Last edited:
100_8588.JPG
While I was into the cluster, I added the cup holder (cup holder and CDL switch purchased from Cruserparts.net). It's ok, only can really hold a drink the size of a soda can or so, but better than nothing! It's also going to make me think about how I configure the radio compartment when I get a new one as it blocks the radio access when in use.

100_8590.JPG
100_8593.JPG
100_8595.JPG

While I had the driver kick plate off doing the 7-pin mod, I dug a bit further to the little blue box which produces the most annoying sound in the world - The door buzzer! I pulled it apart and clipped one of the wires to the buzzer itself. Goodbye buzzer sound. I'm not sure what else this little blue box controls so everything else is in tact and if one wanted to hook up the door buzzer again it would not be difficult, just a little solder.

:cheers: we are also in Fountain Hills

Nice ride, congrats

100_8617.JPG
100_8621.JPG
Bought a used battery tray for the passengers side and needed to relocate the washer fluid. Couldn't beilieve how much gunk was on the bottom of the jug. I used a Simpson strap - FHA30. $3.91 at the local Ace store. A cut and a couple of bends & holes & paint and whammy! Gonna eventually get to installing a dual battery. In the meantime, I can't wait to get my sliders from Metal Tech! Ordered em a couple of weeks ago. Due in town this week.

100_8626.JPG

100_8628.JPG

Thanks UnderDawg. Just got my OPOR sliders installed this weekend. Will post pics soon. Next up is a roof rack. Thinking about going with a gamviti. Then lift and tires!

Very nice. Good progress.

I have the exact same truck with about 75K additional miles. Mine too is mostly rust free and only Center Locker. You would appreciate the post I did for under-hood lights.
https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/underhood-led-lights-upgrade.806377/
I too did the LEDs and just finished the stereo and speaker upgrade. Its super easy once you know how to remove door panels (which you already have).
I used the Pioneer speakers from Ebay and they are cheap, fit well and sound 10X better than stock. Willing to answr any questions when you get that far.

I removed my roof rack and painted my wheel center caps the exact same way.
I will be doing the emblems and adding extinguisher and extending alarm antenna soon. Thanks for the ideas.

I have the exact same truck with about 75K additional miles. Mine too is mostly rust free and only Center Locker. You would appreciate the post I did for under-hood lights.
https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/underhood-led-lights-upgrade.806377/
I too did the LEDs and just finished the stereo and speaker upgrade. Its super easy once you know how to remove door panels (which you already have).
I used the Pioneer speakers from Ebay and they are cheap, fit well and sound 10X better than stock. Willing to answr any questions when you get that far.

I removed my roof rack and painted my wheel center caps the exact same way.
I will be doing the emblems and adding extinguisher and extending alarm antenna soon. Thanks for the ideas.

Nice looking lights!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom