Aqualu is shutting down. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1MOA

SILVER Star
Threads
Huge blow for the 40 community
1676395086314.png

I've never had the opportunity, wrong continent, but boy I've always wanted...

This is terrible. I was really hoping to get an aluminum tub after college. I hope something comes out to replace it, or maybe I’ll even have to design my own. Really a blow to the Land Cruiser world

After LEKMA in France (they already shut down their, once, great site: https://www.landcruiser.fr/ ) this is the second severe blow for our community.
It seems that body parts "made in PRC" will dominate the international market...

Last edited:
That sucks.

I know some businesses that rely on parts that they only carry .... like Johnathan Ward's will need to change what they do. say what you want of Johnathans company tlc4x4... but... he IS as big a cruiserhead as anybody i've met and hate to see them stop their niche production.

just remembered that cruiser solutions relied on mostly their tubs for restorations as well

Aqualu was the only frame producer out there .... and I may need that in the future :(

Does anybody know if they are selling off their production dies and plans? somebody taking over the parts after?

Last edited:
This is a bummer.

Stinks bad I’m 4 hours away from Aqualu and have never saved up the cash to go for a drive and pic one up. I was in a Kelowna last weekend and was gonna stop by and check out the shop but didn’t. owner Todd is retiring. Too bad he has nobody to pass the business onto. I may have to grab something this year from him.
there was a shop called Fabtec also in Kelowna years ago that made sweet steel tubs
did SOA did cuts turns made high steer arms that shut the doors when Aqualu moved in and took of the market. maybe somebody will step up.

I was shocked to see that this morning on IG. Curious if they tried to sell and didn't find any suitors or they just want to have a clean break and that involves shutting it down? I wonder if they have any employees willing/wanting to take the reins?

Are they retiring because it’s just that time in their life, or was aqualu not profitable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom