Another Lug Nut Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ordered a full set of 20 of the Gorilla 73148TXX at $4.25/each for the 2014 Tundra SR5 alloys I'm refinishing that'll replace the awful chrome 22s with incompatible wheel locks the PO had installed. Thanks to hoser for the recommendation. I'll try to follow up with my experience with these.

Ordered a full set of 20 of the Gorilla 73148TXX at $4.25/each for the 2014 Tundra SR5 alloys I'm refinishing that'll replace the awful chrome 22s with incompatible wheel locks the PO had installed. Thanks to hoser for the recommendation. I'll try to follow up with my experience with these.

Where did you find Gorilla nuts @ $4.25 each? They are $7.76 here: Gorilla 73148TXX Chrome Lug Nuts Toyota Standard Mag Seat, Long, Large Flange, Flat/Dome Top 7/8" Hex Head 14mm x 1.50 Thread

I wish I had thought to check at CostCo before I went to NAPA. I snapped a bunch of rears off right after we got our LX. I need to replace 4 odd-balls, look like they were used to replace a set of locking lugs...

Where did you find Gorilla nuts @ $4.25 each? They are $7.76 here: Gorilla 73148TXX Chrome Lug Nuts Toyota Standard Mag Seat, Long, Large Flange, Flat/Dome Top 7/8" Hex Head 14mm x 1.50 Thread

I wish I had thought to check at CostCo before I went to NAPA. I snapped a bunch of rears off right after we got our LX. I need to replace 4 odd-balls, look like they were used to replace a set of locking lugs...

Upon reflection, it appears merchant linking isn't prohibited :D

Chrome Factory Style 14mm Lug Nut

EDIT: Spoke to "Dan" via phone prior to placing order. Wanted to make sure the site was legit. Product was in stock and they choose USPS for flat-rate shipping. A box of 20 of these lugs cost me $13 and change to ship via Priority Mail 3-day to Missouri. Received confirmation of shipment this evening. They're based in Oregon and I believe ships from there as well.

Last edited:
I was at Costco today and they have the Gorilla 7/8"x14mmx1.5 for $1.15 ea. I don't know if there's a flange difference or what, didn't look that close.

So it is not 2011 any longer, but I was in CostCo the other day, and saw p/n 218716 "Lug Nut 7/8 x 14mm x 1.5" @ $2.86 each.

I asked about lugs at the Costco tire shop last week as I didn't see them out anywhere. They initially said they'd probably have to order them, until I told them I was looking for Land Cruiser lugs. "Oh, I'm sure we have those in stock."

I pulled around to their bays and he came out of the back with one to test fit. Fits and looks the same except, unlike mine, clean and shiny. He asked if I needed all 20, but I only needed 4 to replace the locking lugs. $2.86 each.

image.jpeg

Two Costco's in the Atlanta area and no nuts for me. First one didn't have them, the second wouldn't sell me 'old' lug nuts...

I was able to buy them at my local Costco. At first, they were sure they didn't have them, but I had them check the p/n in PabloCruise's post above. Sure enough, they had a bag of 20. For $2.86 each, you can't beat em.

I asked about lugs at the Costco tire shop last week as I didn't see them out anywhere. They initially said they'd probably have to order them, until I told them I was looking for Land Cruiser lugs. "Oh, I'm sure we have those in stock."

I pulled around to their bays and he came out of the back with one to test fit. Fits and looks the same except, unlike mine, clean and shiny. He asked if I needed all 20, but I only needed 4 to replace the locking lugs. $2.86 each.

View attachment 1207804

I was able to buy them at my local Costco. At first, they were sure they didn't have them, but I had them check the p/n in PabloCruise's post above. Sure enough, they had a bag of 20. For $2.86 each, you can't beat em.

Awesome! Glad I could help!

For those who are interested, I was able to get lug nuts from Costco today and I believe they were $2.86 apiece. Up from $1.15 each in 2011, but still better than $12-$13 each from the dealership.

Costco still has them, still part #218716, still $2.86 each. In fact my store (Phoenix Thomas Rd.) had 40 of them. I bought 4 to get rid of my wheel locks.

Lugnuts that look the same but cost 1/5th as much as OEM. They might be great, but are they the same strength grade? Does the plating hold up over time? I hope these are great, but I'm just a little skeptical.
Thanks,
Dave

Lugnuts that look the same but cost 1/5th as much as OEM. They might be great, but are they the same strength grade? Does the plating hold up over time? I hope these are great, but I'm just a little skeptical.

They seem very high quality and are very likely OEM. It's Costco, renown for both quality and low price. It's actually not 1/5th, but a little less than 1/3rd the dealer price, which is not that rare for dealer OE versus non-dealer OEM for the same part. Dealer prices are sometimes just horribly inflated relative to manufacture cost, and especially on lower priced parts.

The lug nuts sold at Costco are from Gorilla. Not necessarily bad but not the same as OEM.

image.png

Last edited:
They seem very high quality and are very likely OEM. It's Costco, renown for both quality and low price. It's actually not 1/5th, but a little less than 1/3rd the dealer price, which is not that rare for dealer OE versus non-dealer OEM for the same part. Dealer prices are sometimes just horribly inflated relative to manufacture cost, and especially on lower priced parts.

Not OEM for sure, look and feel not the same. japan steel vs Chinese steel. You be the judge :). you paid for what you get. Tried aftermarket once and the last. Plating usually goes really fast and start rusting. Not all stuffs from Costco has the best quality, I shop at Costco at least once if not twice a week. some items I shy away. But most are great! :cheers:

On a related subject.. I scored a full set of Blizzaks on steel wheels from another kind LC owner who was selling his truck. I know they're kind of unnecessary/overkill, but figured I'd use them anyway in our nasty winters. Catch is, I don't have anything other than the stock lugnuts currently on my '05 LX. Can't quite keep this straight.. but the alloy wheel OEM lugs are .. what... conical and steelie nuts need to be spherical.. something like that? Does anyone have a source/part number for the nuts I'd need to use the steel wheels?

Thanks. Flames welcome if the question is too stupid to deserve an answer. I've searched around but never found (or maybe understood?) a clear answer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom