Another Lug Nut Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So the new OEM's are not nearly as good as the factory nuts.

The Toyota, Gorilla, and Costco lug nuts very likely all came from the same production line - the OEM producer. OEM stands for Original Equipment Manufacturer - which is the manufacturer of the part, not the car. Toyota doesn't make lug nuts, they buy them from someone - the OEM, who is free to sell through other non-dealer channels, and most do. The idea that you can tell where a part came from, or its quality, by its price is just absurd. OEM parts are very commonly 1/3 to 1/2 of the OE price from the dealer - for the same part.

What's the reason everyone is replacing the entire set? I bought OEM to replace 4 locknuts. Is it due to rounded off or rust? Couldn't phosphoric acid take the rust off and be good to go?

The Toyota, Gorilla, and Costco lug nuts very likely all came from the same production line - the OEM producer.
The LC lug nuts are made in Japan. Are you saying the Gorilla/Costco lug nuts are also made in Japan?

The LC lug nuts are made in Japan. Are you saying the Gorilla/Costco lug nuts are also made in Japan?

Support for that? Keep in mind these lug nuts became Tundra / Sequoia lug nuts, both of which are made in America with lots of North American content and way higher production numbers than LC / LX.

Sure... LC100 lug nut pictured below. It is the same for the rest of the world too...

image.png

The Tundra/Sequoia did initially use the same lug nuts but these are the current Tundra lug nuts...

s-l1600.jpeg

Last edited:
Just ordered a set of 5 Toyota lug nuts for $12.

lug nuts.JPG

I think there is an error in the description. But let us know how many arrive.

I think there is an error in the description. But let us know how many arrive.

Yes there is. 1 Lug nut for $12.

Anyone know if the factory 2009 Tundra 5 spoke Alloy wheel lugs fit early 100 Series LC posts? Same acorn lug as our factory lug?

I used some Gorilla lugs to replace the OEM lugs. In my case the PO or his mechanic damaged/cracked the decorative caps on the end of the lug nuts.

I'm happy to report that Costco still carries these lug nuts for $2.86 per piece. I called my local Costco and they scoffed at me when I asked if they carried lug nuts for a Land cruiser. Once I gave him the item number he was able to see that basically every other Costco in the area had close to 50 of them in stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom