Announcement - GSMTR 2010 in Sparta TN (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BMThiker

I aim to misbehave
s-Moderator
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
:steer:Mark your calendars folks! GSMTR is back with an all new venue, new trails, same great people, spectacular vendors and huge raffle.

Bring the whole family for an entire week of wheeling (4WD/MX/ATV), cruiser talk (tall tales), good food, competition, great vendors, swap meet, and more.

This fairly new +500 acre facility features 4WD, ATV & MX trails, a couple fishing ponds, ample tent camping and RV sites, children's playground, a huge pavilion with 4 smaller pavilions, 5 bunkhouse rooms that sleep 3-4, real bathroom facilities (no portajohns) and lots of open grassy lawn space for field activities.

OK wheelers...ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!!! >>>>>Upstate Cruisers » GSMTR 2010 Registration

Dates: June 7-13, 2010

Golden Mountain Park - Official site for Golden Mountain Park in Sparta, TN

6338 Golden Mountain Rd, Sparta 38583, United States - Google Maps

geo-coords embedded in google maps link are: N 35.512666, W 85.398788

Hit me up with any questions or if you are interested in becoming a sponsor for this event.

TT_Advert_GSMTR10_hfpg_v2.jpg

GREAT NEWS!!! We have Matt Stell and the Crashers playing Saturday night!
MS_C_poster_GSMTR.jpg

Just some of what Golden Mountain have to offer! Cannot wait. That circle track has my name all over it.

Last edited:
I can understand the change of venue, and am extremely respectful of those who have dedicated their talent and time to plan GSMTR and do not wish to seem like a backseat coordinator, but..... Isn't this a bit far from GSM? I know we have options that are, or would be closer to the area that aren't Tellico. There is the park in Mountain City, TN where ECORS was held, Windrock etc... I just thought i'd throw my .02 in. Once again not trying to be a douche or question what planning has gone on, but I just thought i'd voice an opinion....

I can understand the change of venue, and am extremely respectful of those who have dedicated their talent and time to plan GSMTR and do not wish to seem like a backseat coordinator, but..... Isn't this a bit far from GSM? I know we have options that are, or would be closer to the area that aren't Tellico. There is the park in Mountain City, TN where ECORS was held, Windrock etc... I just thought i'd throw my .02 in. Once again not trying to be a douche or question what planning has gone on, but I just thought i'd voice an opinion....

Jay we looked at all of them. This has been in the works for several months now. Your comments on where it should have been held are way late. Now quit backseat driving and enjoy the view.

Figured i'd get slammed for that one, braced myself for it............

Ask the locals about the Yert... apparently they invented it. I used to have to go there for inservice in TN State Parks at Fall Creek Falls SP, 2nd largest state park in TN nice falls there, Jackson Kayaks are made down the road too.....You can even go check out EJ (Eric Jackson) in the water below Rock Island dam....HUGE waves, BIG playboat area

Sorry. Bonnaroo weekend.
I'm outski.
b

Sorry. Bonnaroo weekend.
I'm outski.
b

GSMTR is for the whole week. Also it's only a little over an hours drive from GSMTR to Bonnaroo.

I'll start Bonnaroo on Wednesday.
But I'll take that into consideration if anything interesting is happening before that at GSMTR.
b

I did some post whoring around the forum to try and get the word out. I am excited.

This may coincide with a small group trip that a few NFC folks are putting together to hit up Moab. If the dates are close - I'll definitely consider hitting TN on the way up and westward.

I never doubted you guys wouldn't put on an event - and factored that into committing to Moab - but damn, it's Moab ;)

Will keep on eye on this - plans change, and no doubt it'll be a well run and exciting event. Had to miss this year due to spending quality time with the kid before he went overseas for college...heard it was a good time.

I plan on it!

I'll start Bonnaroo on Wednesday.
But I'll take that into consideration if anything interesting is happening before that at GSMTR.
b

Hippie:rolleyes:

Put me down for the family. I know the cruiser will be done by then with atleast 3-4 good shakedown runs. I can come up on wed., the wife has school mon.-tue. for teacher work days.

Let me know what the sleeping arrangement options are as I have a wife that doesn't really care for camping and 3 year old that loves the dirt.:) Might just have to leave the wife at home.;)

Jeremy

I'll be there Wednesday (afternoon)

Just arranged to get that whole week off, looks like I'm in too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom