Builds ...and it starts... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lost during forum transition like 2 years ago....some are in the tech links...

not a whole lot to change...most of it's been retorn back out, redone with the centered rear axle, and may end up being pulled yet again for other ideas ;)

woody said:
I fabbed up the frameside lower brackets, the axle side stuff is all from http://www.aa-mfg.com The heims are from QA-1 and are 5/8" bore with 3/4" thread...I went with their teflon lined model for long life, but opted for the 2nd from top line version....16,000#+ rated each. Not positive they will hold up, but will test out. (other version is 40,000#+ rated and nearly twice the price)

Woody,
Have you used www.mcmaster.com? They along with www.mscdirect.com are two of the larger distributors of hardware in the US. I noticed that they have Heim Joints in Aluminum and Steel with or without PTFE liners and steel or PTFE/Kevlar Races.

I've used both companies for over 25 years and have been impressed with the quality of the hardware and tools they carry. They want their customer to be satified and have quickly replaced the rare items I was not happy with.

I've purchase quite a bit of tooling stuff from MSC and have done thru the McMaster catalog before...

that said, I've yet to have a single issue with the QA-1 heims and their quality is top notch....I've actually got another 16 with jams that just arrived ;) (next project)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom