Builds An Accidental Frame Off.................. (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

72499441.jpg

Wow, now that looks like an amazing time! How do you like those IKs? I keep thinking about selling one of my NRS Pikes and getting one of those so I can have a compact and lighter weight option.

Wow, now that looks like an amazing time! How do you like those IKs? I keep thinking about selling one of my NRS Pikes and getting one of those so I can have a compact and lighter weight option.
That's a packraft from Alpacka Packraft out of western Colorado, it rolls up to about the same size as a 2 man tent, weighs in at 7 lbs.

With my pfd and paddle, the whole setup weighs 10 lbs.

That makes it perfect for stretches of remote rivers around here. We hiked in 13 miles to a nice stretch of water and floated it downstream for 60 miles to the take out, walked 3 miles out and called it a trip.

For the adventures I take it is perfect! There are some newer models now that have some cool options, but for what I do I have no complaints.

Was up on Flathead lake for a week with the family. Saw this gem out driving, I think it’s newer than your target. Thought I’d share anyway.
97BBB9A9-E2A7-4834-B8CB-65E681B6F302.jpeg

Was up on Flathead lake for a week with the family. Saw this gem out driving, I think it’s newer than your target. Thought I’d share anyway. View attachment 3085595
Still a cool old vintage rig, looks like maybe a 71.

Did you get choked out from the smoke from the Elmo fire? I'm not sure which direction the plume is blowing up that way, I'd assume it's blowing NE, or directly to the east.

Did you get choked out from the smoke from the Elmo fire? I'm not sure which direction the plume is blowing up that way, I'd assume it's blowing NE, or directly to the east.
We were staying in Rollins, so just north of the Elmo fire. It wasn’t that bad actually. There’s a fire SE of Polson that looked worse (smoke wise) than the Elmo. This was one of the clearest trips we’ve had there. A few years ago we couldn’t see the mountains on the other side of the lake it was so smokey.

It has an "interesting" hood, though would be interesting to know what level of options it is.

Though they are no longer pony cars, some folks see the large body mustangs as the best.

Though they are no longer pony cars, some folks see the large body mustangs as the best.
Yeah. They definitely lost their luster in the 80's, had a slight comeback in the mid 90's with the 5.0 but still nothing compared to the 69-70 Mach 1's.

I spied a 69 sitting behind a store in Idaho a few months ago, that rusted heap was probably worth 10 times what the trailerpark dump house that it was park in front of. The 4 headlights caught my eye as I drove by.

Yeah. They definitely lost their luster in the 80's, had a slight comeback in the mid 90's with the 5.0 but still nothing compared to the 69-70 Mach 1's.

I spied a 69 sitting behind a store in Idaho a few months ago, that rusted heap was probably worth 10 times what the trailerpark dump house that it was park in front of. The 4 headlights caught my eye as I drove by.
Saw a fake 1970 Boss 302 in a car show yesterday. Still cool, but was kinda let down by the obvious fraud...

Had two 69s growing up. A bondo buggy sports roof with a built 351w and a sprint special with a 250 that I wrecked the night before I met my wife

I hear there's trout in them there hills.
20220930_180216.jpg
20220930_180220.jpg

I wonder where 3 MFCs will get me back from?

Cooler strapped down, gear box in, fly rods loaded, now I need to pack some tying materials, clothes, and beer.

There's a little creek over the hill that I've been thinking about.
20220930_191207.jpg
20220930_191233.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom