Builds An Accidental Frame Off.................. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

20220616_053325.jpg

20220701_183143.jpg
20220701_183137.jpg

@desmocruiser water levels are perfect this year, still on the high, cold side for early July. We should be fishing good water well into July or early August, unless it gets stupid hot.

I'm checking out Friday to roll out into the backcountry for a week, more epic fishing adventures.

I'm checking out Friday to roll out into the backcountry for a week, more epic fishing adventures.

Godspeed Mr Ryan…

Post up pics when you pop back up to periscope depth…

@desmocruiser water levels are perfect this year, still on the high, cold side for early July. We should be fishing good water well into July or early August, unless it gets stupid hot.

That is great to hear!

I am trying my darnedest to get that way, my family has me obligated to a couple other trips in July, I think they may be trying to limit my open return date trips out West!

Enjoy the back country, that may have to be my 23’ goal!!!

There are a couple of close clearances with my setup, a little drilling, tapping, some spacers, and 242 blue and it's installed.
20220706_175845.jpg
20220706_175449.jpg
20220706_175435.jpg
20220706_175429.jpg

The clearance between the rear hatch lip and the latch on the fold down table is close.

I'll keep an eye on this spot.

20220706_175905.jpg

I'm positive it will turn into a major dust collector driving down forest service roads in the summer.

That is very cool!

Dust is ok, just keeps 16 oz PBR’s from sliding off the table on an incline!!

If you don't mind sharing... about how much clearance do you recommend between your roof rack and top? I assembled my Gamiviti clamps last night and was trial fitting it all while the top is still sitting on the shop floor. Before I did final tightening I wanted to inquire what sort of running clearance is best. Thanks!
Personally I would like to see at least 1/4" of clearance between the crossbars and roof, more if you carry anything heavy up top. One of mine has a slight bend in it and does touch just a fuzz sometimes.

Personally I would like to see at least 1/4" of clearance between the crossbars and roof, more if you carry anything heavy up top. One of mine has a slight bend in it and does touch just a fuzz sometimes.
Thank you very much. I haven't measured but I'd guess it's currently closer to 3/4" right now. I will probably leave it alone. I don't think I'll haul much more up there than a swag tent in it's bag and another soft bag or two with clothes/bulk. However, I made the decking out of some teak 1x4's, so that's probably 35 pounds of built-in weight.

There sure is an annoying rattle coming from that thing now.

Screw it I'm going fishing.

Screw it I'm going fishing.

6450F53B-4B9C-4FF5-ABEB-1D2254F2BD0A.jpeg

Packed for the week. Trout jihad 2022.
20220708_154140.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom