Aftermarket A343F Solenoids? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

iptman

SILVER Star
Threads
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know what the Aisin part numbers are for the 3 solenoids in the A343F? My transmission is severely slipping/chattering in reverse under load and I'd like to swap out the solenoid responsible for the reverse circuit to see if that fixes the problem. I've checked the TSB for a similar issue and my transmission serial doesn't fall in the range indicated for that one. I was told the OEM solenoids were ~$250 but aftermarket were in the $50 range. My truck has just less than 130k miles so this wasn't an issue I was expecting to deal with for a while. I'm crossing my fingers here hoping a new remanned transmission isn't in my future. If anyone has any other thoughts on things to check short of dropping the transmission, LMK. Thanks.

I am looking for the same info. Thanks !

I think these are the OEM solenoids...

85420-21090 - qty 2

35250-50030 - qty 1

I don't see these on Cobra's site.

Last edited:
Also , is AISIN the OEM manufacturer for the solenoids ? For reason I have Denso in my head

Can't it be both? :D
IMG_20170123_171308861.jpg

Doubt it is the solenoid, it is more than likely the wear of the clutches and plates. You probably need more line pressure to maintain the same clamping force. You can try the selector lever in the trans or do a shift kit. Replacing the solenoids isn't a bad idea but doubt it is the problem.

i have a used one if you want to go that route.

Any updated info ? I am still searching to the aftermarket part numbers , thanks !

A340 / AW4 Master Solenoid Kit

they same solenoids are used through the 90's in all the 34x/AW4 series trans. i used these when i thought i had solenoid issues but it ended up not being the issue. they are no issues so far

@cjmoon is this solenoid kit still working okay for you? I need to replace mine.

A340 / AW4 Master Solenoid Kit

they same solenoids are used through the 90's in all the 34x/AW4 series trans. i used these when i thought i had solenoid issues but it ended up not being the issue. they are no issues so far

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom