AC Dryer Relocation kit? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I remeber reading about it somewhere on here, but I cant seem to find the thread. Are these still being made? I want to do my custom front bumper and The dang dryer is in a really bad spot for my intended design.

Nevermind. Found it. little more pricey than I remember. My have to just do the short dryer and move it up a bit and see how long it lasts.

I talked to Mot about this a month ago and he didn't have any of the kits left. I'm going to talk to a local shop and see if they can re-route it. What a pain!

You really want this mod however you can do it. It enables you to really design massive clearance in your front bumper. I have literally never touched any of the tube on my bumper to a rock, because the entire thing is above the frame rails.
Tube Bumper Full.jpg

You really want this mod however you can do it. It enables you to really design massive clearance in your front bumper. I have literally never touched any of the tube on my bumper to a rock, because the entire thing is above the frame rails.

I hear you. That little cylinder being gone opens up a whole different realm of bumper design.

Slee has a bolt-on A/C dryer armor kit. It is for ARB bumpers but maybe you can mod it to fit.

I'd remove the darn thing before I build around it or put a skid plate on it. I never use the AC anyhow....

That's a lot of potential leaks. Does the pressure switch remain in the same location?

Does anyone know where an AC Dryer relocation kit can be bought? I really want to move mine to in front of the battery.

The lines going to dryer have some play....very little but plenty to bend up and out of way. At least on my low hang arb.
That relocation for behind battery is neat though.

I bought a set of lines from an early 80 series to relocate by battery. Only issue is that the upper connection appears to be a different size connection, so I need some compression fittings for these ac lines. Does anyone know of a source for compression fittings or other way to get these lines connected?

Thanks,

I pushed mine up about 1.5" & it is still going to touching my bumper when I push it in. I need to relocate also.
20150117_111510.jpg

I pushed mine up about 1.5" & it is still going to touching my bumper when I push it in. I need to relocate also.
That's exactly why I want to completely relocate mine. Picking up the 4X4 Labs front bumper, need to relocate this.

I will be doing mine with my build. I just sourced some 92-93 ac lines which brings it up the battery box.. dont really need anything else. I actually received the lines in the mail today..

When I get to this point in my build, I will post up pictures..

I will be doing mine with my build. I just sourced some 92-93 ac lines which brings it up the battery box.. dont really need anything else. I actually received the lines in the mail today..

When I get to this point in my build, I will post up pictures..
So you bought a 92 dryer and AC lines?

Yeah and 93 as well will work. They didnt go down to bumper until 94 if i am not mistake

What about R-12 and R-134a connections being different?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom