A440 Rebuild (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you do an H55f swap, it turns the slow-as-a-sick-dog FJ62, into a frisky puppy. And, you will be doing your daughter a life long favor, by teaching her the merits and skill of driving a manual transmission, which no one else in her generation will understand.

Very few shops are going to do a good A440 rebuild. It might be better to find a good used one and have that installed. But a BRAND NEW H55f is brand new, cheaper, better and awesome. It will be good for another 20 years.

You are close enough to Valley Hybrids in Stockton. Georg and crew can get it done for you either way. And Georg is the go-to guy for Land Cruiser tranny work. Really, go there.

You are close enough to Valley Hybrids in Stockton. Georg and crew can get it done for you either way. And Georg is the go-to guy for Land Cruiser tranny work. Really, go there.

this /\ georg will treat you right.

You daughter is smart; shifting takes time outta my life, but dang, if it isn't SPORTY with a manual...

Georg would be the guy to talk to.

If you do an H55f swap, it turns the slow-as-a-sick-dog FJ62, into a frisky puppy.

Don't say this - it's not nice to tempt auto tranny users this way....as my FJ62 sleazes from gear-to-gear, with the transmission being oblivious to the 50 horsepower it's sucking up.

I love stick shifts but the bay area is not easy on clutches.

I love stick shifts but the bay area is not easy on clutches.

Ha... never thought of that, but I bet that's true!

@CenTXFJ60 do you still have the trans that came out of Kevin's 62? The OP of this thread might be a potential buyer if he is willing to pay freight.

The good thing is that if she can work the clutch, she won't roll backwards once it's in first gear..

Ha... never thought of that, but I bet that's true!

@CenTXFJ60 do you still have the trans that came out of Kevin's 62? The OP of this thread might be a potential buyer if he is willing to pay freight.
No sir. Gave it away several months back. Plus it had many problems of its own. I still have a new OEM down-shift (kick down) cable if anyone needs it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom