Builds A Troopy Finds Its Owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@wardharris .....that is one great list and not because you were kind enough to mention us!

As sad as it is, it's 100% the truth!

My hijack is over. Sorry @61Mk+

I'd never heard of problems with Proffitt's. I was just drooling over a 40 of theirs I saw the other day. Couldn't find the owner to ask them how their experience was.

I'd never heard of problems with Proffitt's. I was just drooling over a 40 of theirs I saw the other day. Couldn't find the owner to ask them how their experience was.
In an effort to not further pollute this thread I suggest you contact virtually anyone who has posted in the last few pages via a P.M. They might be able to offer some insight.

i should mention my nightmare with Proffit's was when the Miller group took over. Since now jeremiah apparently took over by himself it might be different....who knows.

I feel like I just found out Santa Claus isn’t real.
Don't blame Santa Claus. He doesn't have a habit of delivering broken toys months late.

Well, haven't i been missing the fun here, hey!
Away from home all summer fiddling with a friend's boat, now even further away from home for other stuff, haven't been looking at Mud.
And no need for hijack apologies; it is called a forum, after all.

After my experience with Volcan4x4, I certainly agree with you there.

He slung real estate before getting into Cruisers. He doesn’t know how to turn a wrench at all....

What did you expect!?

Cheers

He slung real estate before getting into Cruisers. He doesn’t know how to turn a wrench at all....

What did you expect!?

Cheers

I am not surprised but let’s ease off the “victim blaming” a bit here.

I am not surprised but let’s ease off the “victim blaming” a bit here.

Was not trying to single ya out. I just read two or three pages in this thread about getting screwed and I picked your post to quote.

And hey, the best lessons in life are learned the hard way.

;)

Cheers

Was not trying to single ya out. I just read two or three pages in this thread about getting screwed and I picked your post to quote.

And hey, the best lessons in life are learned the hard way.

;)

Cheers

Thanks Buddy.

Last edited:
Another example of Proffit's work on my 65k billed hzj79. I keep having charging problems and after digging into it, look what i found : this is the alternator connector from wiring harness!! Magnificent work....

20181019_163800.jpg

20181019_163750.jpg

The Modern Classic

Towards the end of this article the author raves about the company that you are discussing. How can reviews of the same company be so different? I haven't and won't be using this company because I've now had pretty much all of my work done but again curious as to how reviews could be so different.

Towards the end of this article the author raves about the company that you are discussing. How can reviews of the same company be so different? I haven't and won't be using this company because I've now had pretty much all of my work done but again curious as to how reviews could be so different.
My rudimentary understanding of Proffitt's...there was a period prior to pre-big money acquisition when things were good, then while under management of said big money things went south, and now independent again. There are others on the forum who can add infinitely more detail to this account.

@jfrench .... "There are others on the forum who can add infinitely more detail to this account."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not sure there's enough bandwidth on this sight.

This is such a tight knit community that it's like messing with the whole trailer park......

Do US states require some kind of certification before you can take on work such as building a vehicle up from parts? I'm baffled as to why some of them get into so much trouble with a simple vehicle. Looking at that alternator connector, it can only be a lack of training.

My rudimentary understanding of Proffitt's...there was a period prior to pre-big money acquisition when things were good, then while under management of said big money things went south, and now independent again. There are others on the forum who can add infinitely more detail to this account.
On my end, i had the worst possible experience i think someone can have. I have not talked about all intercooler hoses kinked, relocated second battery rack to high(positive pole was touching the hood...imagine!), arb locker's compressor tie wrapped to the second battery, loose bed, second fuel tank filler hose having a negative slope to the tank(yes you read correctly), one modified fuel line rubbing against the the frame with 0 protection, non working stereo unit, intercooler water pump not connected(wasn't working), kinked brake master cylinder hose, 2 broken bulb.......abd the list can go on and on......A real nightmare when you realize the truck sat at there place for almost 2 years....CRAZYA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom