Builds A New 55 Owner Intro (cgn1976 thread) (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We stand behind our products, and we have a process for handling customer issues. If we never had the opportunity to provide support, or if the customer refuses to cooperate with the advised procedure and expects us to accept blame, we are not positioned for a successful outcome.

To address your point, yes we've seen the exact issue as you described. Countless adjustments without a tool is not the procedure given by the FSM. If you scroll up to post #503, someone posted a video showing the same tool as suggested in our installation guide.
I'm aware of the adjustment tool. I wish you would speak to the reason my new booster, adjsuted the same as yours, solved the problem. You've yet to address that

I'm aware of the adjustment tool. I wish you would speak to the reason my new booster, adjsuted the same as yours, solved the problem. You've yet to address that
BTW, I moved the pin since my initial test drive and the pedal height changed BUT this issue has not come back. Your booster? hmmmm?

Might need to pump the brakes on the mud slinging.
I'm done, but I'm sorry, the responses I received (more than what I posted) are defensive and accusatory. Not much of a way to keep a cusotmer base in my opinion. I'm sending them their part on my $$$ and if they get it and test it and I'm wrong, I'll own it and appologize. In the meantime it feels like I'm dealing with a company who doesn't care much for this particular customer who just went through a giant PITA that was only corrected by removing their part.

Judge me for my actions if you like. I think I have a pretty good case and feel cast aside as a customer becasue they made bad decisions with other customers in the past..

Andy! I'm more a Mr. Furley guy myself

1619743826543.png

To put a bow on this last month of long drawn out posts, I wanted to again say how appreciative I am of all the help I've gotten along the way from all you fine folks. I never would have gotten this far without it...although I probably would have never tackled the brake system without your nudge over the cliff, so thanks for that!

Took an hour drive after work yesterday and the pedal did not change at all. The brakes work great. Also ran a few more air bubble-less quarts through the system first so Im pretty damn sure there's no air in the lines. The pedal is a little lower than before. Gonna keep playing with cylinder tightening some more. I can say that the pedal has a very different foot feel with this new booster. it was obvious from the second it went in it felt different, despite being 100% an identical part, adjusted the same way.

As for my little rant yesterday, clearly I'm a little frustrated and expected more out of an unamed party. The idea that the only way to adjust the pin is with the tool is just silly. I know there a plenty of you on here that have done this without that tool. The tolerances you can set it to are cleary visible with your eye and can be done by feel really. We aren't talking microns here people. I'm sure you'll all recall I have 3 MC's now and an identical one to that one in the truck sitting on the bench I matched to the bad booster the second I pulled it out. The pin on the bad one was set right on the money...,but I didn't use the tool, so no help for this guy. The $225 I overpaid for their part was worth it to me in the long run to get the truck to where it is now, even if the same part from an ebay seller for $86 solved the problem! Guess there's a sucker born every day!

Anyway thanks again...and onto the transfer case seal in the ebrake this weekend!

Last edited:
I for one can understand your frustration, and don’t blame you a bit for some ranting. We’ve all been there at one point or another with something along the way. I was getting pissed just seeing how things weren’t changing! Glad to see it’s worked out now👍 Have a few 🍺’s this weekend and start thinking about what’s next on the list.

I literally don't know what that is yet I'm a little scared. I think my Saginaw PS pump is starting to make just a little noise. Thinking about sourcing a proper replacement is the next move after the rear transfer seal! Hoping it has a part number on it

I literally don't know what that is yet I'm a little scared. I think my Saginaw PS pump is starting to make just a little noise. Thinking about sourcing a proper replacement is the next move after the rear transfer seal! Hoping it has a part number on it
Listen!!! It's running good right?? Driving good right??? Stopping good right??? Stop ****ING With it and enjoy it!!! Know what I'm saying 😌😏🤪😉👏😎😌😏.

Listen!!! It's running good right?? Driving good right??? Stopping good right??? Stop f***ING With it and enjoy it!!! Know what I'm saying 😌😏🤪😉👏😎😌😏.
I think I'm gonna source the part now for when it does go, but yes to all your points, especially the last one! Been amazing to pull up to my girl's school pick up line and watch the heads of all the Range Rover, Escalade, and Jeep dad's snap around and ask themselves WTF is that! 😜😂

I think City Racer has PS pumps...
D’oh!

I think I'm gonna source the part now for when it does go, but yes to all your points, especially the last one! Been amazing to pull up to my girl's school pick up line and watch the heads of all the Range Rover, Escalade, and Jeep dad's snap around and ask themselves WTF is that! 😜😂
All the moms get a little perky when the Pig rolls up!

Been away from the site for a bit. Little update. Spent last weekend replacing that noisey power steering pump. I had a Saginaw conversion on there when I bought it. Did some digging and saw mixed info regarding these old GM units using power steering fluid or trans fluid. . Mine had the red stuff. Word is the new reaplcement units like actual power steering fluid, so did a flush out and swapped it over. So far so good. It's improved, but I will say the steering is still a little tighter turing to the right then the left and that's new sisnce I bought it. Wondewring if the bars and linkage need a litttle attention. I can see I could use some new balls joints in a few spots. Lubed them up, but the rubber covers leak the grease out a bit. I also have this kit that came in the glove box that's kind of a conical shape metal pivot point. Can't recall the name. Guessing the last owner intended to do that job. Thinking I will soon. I'll post the part when I can snap a shot.

Also replaced the alternator recently. Had the original in there. Seat of the pants I felt a little boost in power...at least my brain tells me I did! All systems running great. It's coming up on year since I got it and the driving experience is night and day! Brakes still working great too. lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom