Builds A 1994 80 Series gets an LQ9 GM V8 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got some snow finally

image.jpg

It worked, thanks man, would u know what wires goes to check engine light on? I want to hook it from gm ecm to Toyota, so whenever check engine goes on I'll see that light on,

I would highly appreciate your help

Thanks

Same old ECM connector E7 #4 Yellow-Red wire. Its the ground side of the check engine light.

I would suggest going to Alldata and buying a year subscription for your truck. The diagrams are direct copies of the toyota manual, just not in color. Alldata is about the cheapest reliable option that i am aware of. Its what I use.

@Skrewball - You guys are hard to get ahold of... have left a couple of messages this week.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, our approach to the change in shift pattern is a little different that others have done by using the 3FE 80 shifter. We started by carefully buffing off this factory piece:

324Tq_pihQzMMeRuOi6r22gH_ZgyHV4ooRlTKBfdo4CpaP4UUXTMkI1kwCVFHVonZtu12j7jKxy5A06m1N4JfqHmfZKklAO3m1Lxet8OPLFPf4m4lxqbRor1q3TV-_k89g

It leaves behind nothing but clear plastic. Then, we had a vinyl decal made to match up to the new shift points:

The OLD pattern:

PPqtg83tC4-0Dy9XmKxfSv7_pg33dSUlq9HhphoHo-8MwPtokyyDwgnWDhOW6TDa3s7FkIjZLAAxNHFKSOPg_TPVRPiSL0vHvuFXzZOKt_yYHFt5kl7rkjJx7W4SeljOpA

...and the NEW pattern after buffing off the original PRND2L & adding the vinyl decal:

JT6lWS6ew0dS-yvsTp3PrNvFZaxDKQ9v663JeqsXlm3Q69wOfsLnFUK6Efui5zTf5BuyU2ug7eECCXOwihY5jYt4RBFRrk6EGcjGXxj1_KBEGshkmXLVfMHlPV-BUnY6Lw

HjEuRfpvIPpRmqhDen69f3nFtZaTGgN_-ATLT75tuykkPFbFUIudu3H9py9qB2OgLy9ZDahThUVFDoDpiZ3FK2TPPnesy987GP2JSxAqCTHNRaUU6GtebvnpGeia9qZfNw

GOkh86nKpv9zLYQeHwn9jz1iBw0hjulApaN9ofyOzwcWvC8PioRW2MsI57sj6SMLoRkZbJt7cSdY-MXw-j8yp06228RXJQUIv8ImXyPlqY-QT7sAcZ_amcDfidk9TzwyRA
Who made the decal? Could any company that makes stickers make it?

How’s the 4l65 compare to the A442 or A343 strength wise? I’m sure efficiency wise it is better!

It's a high quality vinyl sticker, but yes, we want to make sure they hold up well before we start mailing them out. AZ would be quite a proving ground.
I know it's been a few years, but my swap is finishing up now and I could use a decal exactly like the one you had made. Any chance you've got one I could buy from you?

I know it's been a few years, but my swap is finishing up now and I could use a decal exactly like the one you had made. Any chance you've got one I could buy from you?
That shop went out of business some time ago. A vinyl decal shop should be able to make one for you. Most decent sized towns have a few around.

pm me your email and i will send the spread sheet over. It's for a '93/'94 but it's close enough to get you pointed in the right direction. i will send the EWD for the '95 and up as well.
pm me your email and i will send the spread sheet over. It's for a '93/'94 but it's close enough to get you pointed in the right direction. i will send the EWD for the '95 and up as well.
Hello,

Im workin on an LS swap in my 1994 80 and would appreciate if you could email me that spreadsheet? My email is infinitypack@gmail.com

Any other info you have on the swap that is handy to email would be great too but no biggie either way.

steve

The stock transfer case mounted speed sensor is working just as it was before the swap. This truck has the Marks adapters calibration box on it to adjust for tire size so the original speedometer is accurate. The GM ECM gets its speed info from the VSS at the rear output of the transmission. I adjusted the calibration in the ECM to match the accurate vehicle speed. Technically the transmission sees a faster speed than what the vehicle is doing in low range. If it were a problem shifting in low range we would have addressed it, but it just upshifts faster than desired in low range. A stock 80 upshifts too quick in low range anyway. Usual use in low range would be to manually select the gear you want to be in, which is why we made sure to make the shifter shift through all the gears available. We did not need to use a Dakota Digital box for the speedometer, as it is currently working like stock.

We did use the Dakota Digital box for the tach. If the truck didn't have the Marks adapters converter for the speedo, we would have put a Dakota Digital box in for the speedo. The original speedo operation is a separate function from the engine swap.
Hello,

I was hoping you would be able to explain how to get my Diff lockers to work properly? I have a 94 triple locked land cruiser that I just finished a 6.0 LS swap with a 4L80E trans and Marks Adapter to stock Toyota transfer case. I drove the vehicle for a few hundred miles and burned up the trans due to a hole in the trans cooler tubing. up to this point in time I have not been able to get any of the diff lockers to work. I did keep the EC1, IH1, & IH2 (much of the wiring deleted due to removing Toyota ECU). I'm not sure how to properly integrate the transfer case wiring to the GM harness (if needed). I had a ton of help from a friend with the swap but doesn't know how to help here. I just had the trans rebuilt and I also had the marlin crawler transfer case gear reduction put in. The guy who rebuilt my trans and installed my gear reduction told me that he needs the center diff lock to function properly as when its installed its in the locked position. He is telling me the diff locks were controlled by the Toyota ECU which I removed. Can you please help?? my cell is 630.408.2412 if its easier to explain over the phone. I really appreciate any help as its been almost 2 years since I was able to daily drive my truck!! Thanks!! - STEVE

In order for the F&R lockers to be triggered, the CDL needs to be locked, and the dash light illuminated, only then does the F&R locker's wiring get energized.

If you've done away with the factory wiring/ecu's, there are aftermarket harnesses you can use that don't follow the same logic as the OEM setup.

You do not need the Toyota ECU to get the lockers. There is a Toyota wiring loom, that comes up the tunnel and brings the necessary connections to the engine bay. From there it gets grounded and goes to the connectors you mentioned behind the glove box. (It’s been a few years since I got mine working after the swap, & don’t remember the details. )

Do you have the complete pinouts for EC1, IH1 IH2? PM me with your email, & I can dig up & send the relevant pages in the Toyota Electric FSM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom