99 LX470 - Steering wheel options (1 Viewer)

I recently bought a 99 LX470 with 340k miles on it. it runs great and smooth. The steering wheel is in pretty bad shape and I am looking for options in how to fix the situation.

Does anyone knows if there is another Toyota/Lexus steering wheel that will fit and looks good?

Since this is my daily drive... not sure if I can effort to send the steering wheel by it self to a company for repair.

Any thoughts are welcome!
Thanks.

This is a really good option. It is on my to-do list!

saucebox

Slobivius Americanus

You might be able to find a suitable replacement on eBay. This thread for another way someone did it:

This is a really good option. It is on my to-do list!
Right on! thank you very much!

kruisinkid

topless dorkel
SILVER Star

i replaced mine with one from ebay. overall it is an amazing aesthetic upgrade. the foam rubber molded at the ends of the spokes needed some trimming for the clamshell surround to seat properly. took about an hour to replace. cant recommend it enough. dont bother with the leather wrap.

kruisinkid

topless dorkel
SILVER Star

Purchased this in December and I've been very happy with it. As a notation, this wheel is manufactured in Japan Vs. China, for what it's worth. I can say the quality is very high.

Purchased this in December and I've been very happy with it. As a notation, this wheel is manufactured in Japan Vs. China, for what it's worth. I can say the quality is very high.

Thank you very much for the link! This is actually the first time that I see a brown one. I will pull the trigger.

rvk

I found a post on ClubLexus.com suggesting the use of Tung Oil to fix the LS wooden steering wheel.

My 2000 LX470 steering wheel has a couple of chips / lots of cracks. I'm still in the process of applying coats of Tung Oil, have done 3 so far, and it is definitely an improvement. I'll attach the link to the forum post. You'll see a pic of my wheel there. Instructions for Tung Oil is about half way thru the post, page 3 or 4 I believe.

PabloCruise

SILVER Star

Seems like all the links people recommend are dead.
Do you remember the seller?

I found a nice wheel on an RX330 in the junkyard that was pretty easy to swap. Has treated me well for the almost 5 years i've been running it.

My 2000 Camry and my 99 lc steering wheels looks almost identical, even the cruise control lever are the same. Can someone verify if they it would fit in the lc?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom