97 Collector Edition TRD Supercharger Factory Triple Locked (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Happy Holidays,

So my uncle wants to sell this rig to me. It has 175k miles. One owner, Colorado vehicle its entire life. Just looking for some feedback on price... Fellas at Slee say $18k max. I'm in no position to question their expertise but some of the rigs I've seen go on here, BaT & eBay make me feel that's a little low-- considering CE, factory triple locked and TRD supercharged. I'd love some feedback...

freds.JPG

Last edited:
Slee knows these trucks well. The mileage isn’t scary high, but it does put a ceiling on the value. What’s the interior like, and how much maintenance has it had?

Slee knows these trucks well. The mileage isn’t scary high, but it does put a ceiling on the value. What’s the interior like, and how much maintenance has it had?
Interior is in OK shape, about average for the mileage. Meticulously maintained.

For comparison: two months ago I paid $4500 for a triple locked 95 model, straight/clean, mall cruiser, good paint (no peeling), no factory roof rack, no accident history. It needed a lot of pm, spent about $1000 in parts so far, needs about $1000 more put into it, but otherwise it's solid.

Last edited:
how about rust under it? slee does know them well but the market is changing fast. i personally would NEVER pay more than 10K for one. i dont care the condition, but they sell all day for that. there are deals to be had still and finding a clean triple locked for under 5K still happens. you better have cash in hand (not at the bank, like in a safe at home) and be ready to go that day without even seeing it.

in just the last 12 months 2 of the 80s i have picked up have been real scores. one was a triple locked 94 with a great interior for 2500 and around 230K and the other was a SUPER CLEAN 93 white one with 102K it for... wait for it... 1000 even. yeah yeah hate me on that all you want.

thing is you gotta go right then. like grab the cash, a pistol, a door gunner if you can get one to ride with you, hook up the trailer and strike out across several states that minute to meet some random facebook or craigslist stranger 1000 miles away from home and get that 80 before 27 others start blowing up his phone and he sells it for what its actually worth.

10k for the cruiser because its in good shape.
Tac on another 3k for the supercharger.
Give him 13k max.

Regardless of how “meticulously” maintained its been, i can assure you that it will still need a bunch of work to baseline, especially because you made it to this forum..... this alone will automatically add a few thousand by March. :flush:

how about rust under it? slee does know them well but the market is changing fast. i personally would NEVER pay more than 10K for one. i dont care the condition, but they sell all day for that. there are deals to be had still and finding a clean triple locked for under 5K still happens. you better have cash in hand (not at the bank, like in a safe at home) and be ready to go that day without even seeing it.

in just the last 12 months 2 of the 80s i have picked up have been real scores. one was a triple locked 94 with a great interior for 2500 and around 230K and the other was a SUPER CLEAN 93 white one with 102K it for... wait for it... 1000 even. yeah yeah hate me on that all you want.

thing is you gotta go right then. like grab the cash, a pistol, a door gunner if you can get one to ride with you, hook up the trailer and strike out across several states that minute to meet some random facebook or craigslist stranger 1000 miles away from home and get that 80 before 27 others start blowing up his phone and he sells it for what its actually worth.

You got some pics of these rigs abs advertisements. I find those prices really hard to believe unless they were wrecked. Even the blue book is not that low. Everything I have found is usually wayyyyy overpriced for what it is.

As for the LC the member is asking about, price is not far off from what they could get on eBay or BAT.

10k for the cruiser because its in good shape.
Tac on another 3k for the supercharger.
Give him 13k max.

Regardless of how “meticulously” maintained its been, i can assure you that it will still need a bunch of work to baseline, especially because you made it to this forum..... this alone will automatically add a few thousand by March. :flush:

Yeah maintenance is huge on these. I’m willing to bet the front knuckles have not been rebuilt.

You got some pics of these rigs abs advertisements. I find those prices really hard to believe unless they were wrecked. Even the blue book is not that low. Everything I have found is usually wayyyyy overpriced for what it is.

As for the LC the member is asking about, price is not far off from what they could get on eBay or BAT.

both were facebook finds so nothing to go back to. look every day, far and wide. be ready to drive. last "wrecked" one i picked up was 900 miles each way for a grand. a really clean LX that sadly had an engine bay fire. made my money back on it before i even got it home with folks hitting me up on here for parts.

deals are out there. i keep enough cash on hand, locked in a safe, to go get any cruiser i want today. my spare is on the trailer and a "go bag" of tools is also always loaded. common stuff to fix my tow rig and change tires. i have 4 cruiser wheels and tires that hold air loaded on a tire rack in the shop. often times people keep tires and wheels.

if you messaged me right now and said there was a deal to be had i would tell my wife i am leaving to go to (insert state here) so go get it. people get hard up, dont know what they have or find a deal on something they want (car, boat, bike, house...) and they need to unload something quick to come up with cash themselves.

if you can wait up to 6 months you will find a deal. there are bound to be plenty of cruiser owners loosing a job with covid and need 6~10 grand quick to save a house or make a medical payment. yeah i know that sounds bad but when you need 5K TODAY to refinance your house selling that old cruiser doesnt sound like a bad idea and someone will be so happy to have that money.

Also want to add that both were listed as needing work. Both needed new transmissions so I was told. The 94 I put a new drive flange on and the 93 I installed new solenoids. Both trucks fixed for less than 500 bucks total.

My cruiser knowledge got me those at a deal

If your uncle is patient, no or minimal rust he can sell that on BAT probably for more. If he is in no rush I would go that route. Factory locked CE are rare.

At least $18k. If on a bidding site, I could see it easily going for a lot more.
They are rare and that's the most desirable setup, and condition.

Last one I saw like that sold for $38,000.

Lol @ Kernal and slow’s one time at Vegas I pulled this lever stories.

@slow95z does dial down the details on how these good deals really go down. Cash in hand and ready to move at a moment’s notice.

There are good deals, but be ready to put in the effort to get er done. The truth is that the pool of eternal good deals is drying.

@slow95z challenge yourself, take on an old Rover Classic!

I think $18k is a pretty good estimate. Maybe 20k if it is really nice.

ok, here is a deal... there is a 91 right now on facebook for 800 bucks. its on the land cruiser marketplace group.

1608573922277.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom