93 FZJ75 Pickup - The Unicorn (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes, they had the folding windshield from the factory but they didn't have the hood cradle.

I think in the glove box there is a plate of House of Cruisers which probably means it was restored by them or maybe by Toyoda Restauraciones in Venezuela.

I think the hood cradle isn't necessary for a 75 series pick up anyways and looks better without it.

It is like having a non-functional hood scoop on a 75 series pick up IMO.

Yes House of Cruisers out of Florida did the restoration. I met the guys at Barrett-Jackson. The owner was a real nice guy and they specialize in LC's. I agree with the earlier comments that it is tough to say if those miles are actually original or not but I can tell you that a reputable company like theirs would be fools to risk their reputation by committing fraud at the worlds largest classic car auction. It is possible that whoever sold them the rig manipulated the miles before they got it, I suppose. In any event, I don't think it would have changed the price because the rig is so damn clean and it drives like new.

Just got these sent to me. Now I am certain that the miles are original and it was in fact a 1 owner. Look at what they had to start with. Amazing how clean it was.
IMG_4967.JPG
IMG_4968.JPG
IMG_4965.JPG
IMG_4966.JPG

After more correspondence with the restoration company and these pics, I would recommend House of Cruisers to anyone interested. Stand up guys. They sold 4 LC's at the auction including a 45, 60, and 40 Troopy.

Cristian Vera - Founder
House of Cruisers
www.houseofcruisers.com

They have sold 4 vehicles to the Land Cruisers Heritage Museum. They're the real deal.

My FZJ75 has a hand throttle/auto-choke. It’s a GCC truck.

My 94 FZJ75 GCC spec doesn't have a hand throttle but it didn't come with a factory winch either. It does have an auto-choke.

My 94 FZJ75 GCC spec doesn't have a hand throttle but it didn't come with a factory winch either. It does have an auto-choke.

Hello,

It appears that some markets had hand throttle and others did not.

Maybe it has something to do with the fuel's octane number requirement.

Considering the hard life 75 Series had -and still have- in Venezuela, this truck is in excellent shape.

Details aside, your truck is a unicorn. Enjoy it.

Juan

I think the hood cradle isn't necessary for a 75 series pick up anyways and looks better without it.

It is like having a non-functional hood scoop on a 75 series pick up IMO.

Hello,

x2.

On the other hand, for soft top SWB 70 Series it is a must.

Just my opinion.

Juan

Hello,

x2.

On the other hand, for soft top SWB 70 Series it is a must.

Just my opinion.

Juan

Personally, I think any 70 series that has a folding windshield should have them. I mean, it was designed from the factory to fold onto the hood, it needs those cradles whether you use them or not. I still want to put them on mine.

It does not look like you have the hinged windshield wiper arms either. NLA.

I agree with your comment about VZ build specs hard to find.... and the fact yours is the nicest 75 out there....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom