93 FZJ75 Pickup - The Unicorn (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We lived in Europe for almost 10 years and I never saw a 70 series pickup. On the other hand, they are everywhere here, and all tan. Took me a while before my head quit snapping around every few minutes when one came into my peripheral vision!

There are lots of other 70 series models over here but I haven’t done much research on them.

Yes. Tilt steering, factory AC and heat, power wing mirrors, manual windows and door locks. Also has altimeter (worthless) and inside and outside temp.

View attachment 2113296

I have imported several yet out of Europe so they exist you just have to dig a little deeper ;)

If yours would have been a Euro spec that altimeter would have been a fully mechanical one with 3 gauges and no temp , also your vents would have the option to close them individually , there are so many different variations for each market that it is impossible to know them all.

Plan is to weekend drive it. No trails with this one. I use my 80 for that.

Amen @Arizona Jeff. I do only the same with my BJ75. It is way fun to drive around town, and as you know, everyone — literally everyone - loves it.

I would (along with @c2dfj45 @coldtaco and a few others) spar with you for that title as nicest 70 series pick up in the USA. 😉

Amen @Arizona Jeff. I do only the same with my BJ75. It is way fun to drive around town, and as you know, everyone — literally everyone - loves it.

I would (along with @c2dfj45 @coldtaco and a few others) spar with you for that title as nicest 70 series pick up in the USA. 😉

I had a really nice truck until this trail pinstriped the old girl for at least 10 of its 17 miles. Detail guy will be earning his money on straightening out the mess I made of it.
20191013_111734.jpg

If they weren't scattered out so far, a Ute get-together might be in order. :)

Put me down for a get together!
I'll be the weak link of the group for a while longer but I'll eventually get all of the nuts and bolts in alignment.

There are perhaps others in the U.S. that aren't regularly featured on 'MUD. :)
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Shout out to Cristian at House of Cruisers - a very stand up guy. I reached out to him for parts sourcing after I got my rig as it didn’t have the center seatbelt. He said it didn’t come with one when he got it either. He then sourced a similar one for me and shipped it to my place - no charge.

1C22B1A7-DBDC-436B-AE8F-D48512BC94AC.jpeg

Haven't posted on this rig in some time as it hasn't needed anything but... I added a hood liner and replaced the fuel tank. Did both last year and came across the pictures. The original tank developed a couple of small leaks. I think there must have been some pebbles that stuck between the skid plate and tank and eventually wore through. I was going to have it repaired but decided to buy a new tank. It was a pain finding the actual replacement as they made a number of different tanks and sourcing it from across the globe was tricky. Got it from Megazip. I still have the old tank if anyone is interested

1.jpg

2.jpg

hood liner.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom