93 94 A442F AKA The bus Tranny (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Broski

I love Wheelin my 80
SILVER Star
Threads
4E62BF59-63C7-4BC0-B0FA-0DD1E15C0FA2.jpeg
Just wanted to share some Info. Started to have shifting issues ( kept me from my Rubicon trip last weekend ) with my trans. Some research and I was thinking Solenoids. With a Rubicon trip just two day away I decided my best bet was to get it to( Shoppy here on Mud ) my mechanic. Right a way he thinks Solenoids & should be able to get them over nite & and can still make the Rubicon Run. Wrong the Solenoids are no longer available from Mr T or any of his reg. suppliers. Dam there went my Rubicon trip.
Mike AKA Shoppy did some digging and came up with matching Aisin solenoid, There from a Aisin trans (450-43LE) Izuzu application. The best part is they are $28.00 each instead $250 each Mr T or $166 Aftermarket.

THANKS SHOPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here are the part #

Last edited:
Thanks for part numbers. Ordered them from eBay $35 for all. I will have them in hand in case I run into this issue.

Please could someone post up a link of where to buy them. I'm in the UK and google is rubbish at showing options in the US! I've looked on eBay but again aren't seeing them for the prices mentioned. Thank you.

trans_parts_direct
Has them for 89.00 usd
Free shipping
Dont know if that helps but it's on ebay

Please could someone post up a link of where to buy them. I'm in the UK and google is rubbish at showing options in the US! I've looked on eBay but again aren't seeing them for the prices mentioned. Thank you.

@bug616 Here you go

Isuzu 897202074 Transmission Solenoid, Timing (2 Hole Bracket) AW450-43LE 98-17 | eBay

the same shop cary them all

Isuzu 897202073 Transmission Solenoid, Lockup (Torque Converter Clutch - TCC) | eBay

Isuzu 897202072 Transmission Solenoid, Shift 1 & 2 (90 degree Bracket) | eBay

One of the best things anyone can do to help prolong the life of their transmission is regular fluid changes.

I had many customers come into my shop that though their transmission fluid was good for the life of their car, and never needed to be changed.

I told them they needed to change their fluid every 2 years, or 30000 miles whichever came first, or every year if they towed a trailer, or lived in a hot climate.

That 100 bucks they'd spend for a fluid change, was a whole lot cheaper than the hundreds of dollars or more they'd end up spending on a transmission overhaul.

yep my 80 has 280k on the trans and gets the fluid changed regularly

Aisin-Warner

Yeah My spelling is horrible But I like to WHEEL

Now somebody find the same thing for the A343F. :)

Now somebody find the same thing for the A343F. :)

You could look up the part number in the manual and see if they are the same, or try and cross reference them to an isuzu part and let us know what you find :)

What if I wanted to do the same but for an A650e? Is there a database where I could find cross-compatible part numbers?

I'm new to the Cruiser world so sorry for the question. Are all 93 and 94's the A442F trans? Mine is a 94 and Id like to get the parts.

Can anyone recommend good aftermarket solenoids for the A343F?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom