8x Series V8 Swaps

i do not have overheating problem but just can't get over it running at 210 F heaven'S people telling me it is normal
how far back did you move your engine because i do not have that much room between fan and radiator
My motor is about as far back as it can go. I probably have 4 or 5 inches I'm guessing between the water pump pulley nose to the radiator face.

After watching my cruiser run while on the lift I noticed some vibration between the header collector flanges and the muffler. I think a brace would be a good idea to the exhaust off of the transmission to reduce any chance of exhaust/header cracks. Going to look into a spot to add some bracing.

i do not have vibration at all and i used original mounting spots to mount my exhaust i build my own exhaust in 4 pieces for easier installation 2 1/2 to muffler and after muffler 2 3/4 exhaust does not move at all you can put cup on the engine and it will not move

i do not have vibration at all and i used original mounting spots to mount my exhaust i build my own exhaust in 4 pieces for easier installation 2 1/2 to muffler and after muffler 2 3/4 exhaust does not move at all you can put cup on the engine and it will not move
Do you have cats?

Got the exhaust support brackets done. Seems like it idles smoother. The bracket is bolted to 2 trans pan bolts on each pipe. Just after these brackets are flex pipes.
20190413_181759-756x1008.jpg
20190413_181808-756x1008.jpg

yes i do have cats but i also welded in two flex pipes my exhaust is pieced together but i wanted no kinks in tube in the end it turned out perfect after i painted it with high temp paint it looks like factory built for this swap

I have flex pipes after the cats too. I noticed the cats shaking when I was running it at 50MPH while on the lift. They didn't shake much, but I'm sure on bumpy roads it would be worse and I know that could cause cracks over time.

Hi I am new here and have been reading alot and I'm overwhelmed with all this. I'm just reaching out to find out who makes a transmission adapter to go from a Chevy 5.3 to my factory 92 auto transmission?

FJ60Cam

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star

Hi I am new here and have been reading alot and I'm overwhelmed with all this. I'm just reaching out to find out who makes a transmission adapter to go from a Chevy 5.3 to my factory 92 auto transmission?
I don’t think anyone does, nor sure you would want to. The adapter goes between the GM transmission & t-case.

Top Bottom