8x Series V8 Swaps (19 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I get where you're going, but imo its not that critical for a swap. If you get the 'pitch' fairly close to zero or a little tilted back and the trans output and crank pulley are centered send it.

The height the crank is gonna need to ride at is dependent on a bunch of stuff, trans tunnel clearance, oil pan clearance and any other clearances that need to be dealt with.

I think in favor of making the height and left/right measurements independent just measure the hypotenuse and make it a little simpler.

Yeah thanks, I kinda know that it's gotta go where it's gotta go. I would like to know height wise how I'm at compared to a stock. If I was low or close then I could get more room w a car intake and raise it up. If I was already high then I would leave the height and try something else. It would be nice to document the position for others though.

The black finned cylinder is the power steering cooler.

I see the fittings now on the cooler now. It looked at first like your lines were going straight from the pump to the box.

Where is everyone finding hose "adapters" for the cooling? I've found heater hose stuff, but can't seem to find anything big enough for the radiator hoses.

I was also running on the cheap as possible side, i tried to fit the gm cluster in there but it wasn't going to work without hacking up the whole dash, and then you would still have to live without your blinker/ high beam/ odometer/ fuel tank level and other things. The problem is really the circuit board on the back of the gm cluster doesn't allow for easy modification. I just ended up putting an after market tach in the place of the factory toyota one and running it off of the gm tach signal wire.

I haven't had a chance to look at the wiring for an 80, but in my Foxbody I intergrated a cluster out of an '02 Trans Am the only thing that doesn't work is the fuel level. Working on that though.

The easiest way to do it is get the connector and about a 8 inch pigtail from the factory vehicle, so you can splice to it.

Blinker, high beam, tach, speedo, trip, odo, etc.. all fully functional.

I'll try to remember to get pictures posted here after work.

Got it figured out. Was looking for something like this.

Got it figured out. Was looking for something like this.
You shouldn’t need anything like that. I have factory rad and didn’t need. 2001ish Silverado upper hose, 99 Ford Explorer bottom hose.

You shouldn’t need anything like that. I have factory rad and didn’t need. 2001ish Silverado upper hose, 99 Ford Explorer bottom hose.
So I grabbed the lower hose for a 99 explore. Both v6 and 5.0. Nether look like the will work, even w/ trimming. Do I need the upper hose for the explorer??

So I grabbed the lower hose for a 99 explore. Both v6 and 5.0. Nether look like the will work, even w/ trimming. Do I need the upper hose for the explorer??
I’m sorry bud, I think it is the top. I mentioned and included a pic on this thread almost 3years ago. Let me look.

20230 is the part number for masterpro brand. You can cross reference from that. I don’t recall the part number for the Gates hose I used.

20230 is the part number for masterpro brand. You can cross reference from that. I don’t recall the part number for the Gates hose I used.

thank you!! I’ve searched so many things that I’ve gone dumb! 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Need a little wiring diagram help please.
Here's a snip from the EWD for my 93

FuelPumpRelay_EWD.PNG

What I'm looking at is the pin 12 IH2 connection on the W-R wire in the lower left. As I read that, the wire coming out of the female side of the connector goes directly to the fuel pump relay. But the wiring harness I pulled out of the engine bay of the vehicle has the female side of the connector:

IMG_20200628_101233.jpg

But that wire definitely doesn't go to the fuel pump relay - it goes to pin 3 of the E10 ECU connector. Which is where the male end of this in the diagram traces to.

So ... just a quick sanity check before I get much further into the wiring aspect of this stuff. Is the EWD wrong regarding the gender of that connector? Or am not understanding this correctly?

I'm inclined to think the diagram is wrong, but that seems unlikely and i'm new to reading wiring diagrams. Want to make sure I'm tracing the correct end of these.

I checked the 1994 EWD, it's the same.

Hmm, wish I could double check but I don't have a 93 EWD. I've never found any issues with the 97 EWD. I doubt the diagram is wrong. On the 97 diagram that W-R wire goes to the E7 ECU connector. I believe it was a fuel pump relay ground. I vaguely remember grounding it.

Last edited:
Fan shroud done. I’m no fabricator, and definitely can’t weld aluminum. I think it came out pretty good
B5773CBC-EC17-4D95-ACC9-9164894DC80C.jpeg
F15CF067-99B8-48D6-8AD6-93CA18F4D50E.jpeg

Anybody gotten the transmission temperature light to work?

what in the world is that ? Looks awesome

That's my recently "completed" LS1 swap in my foxbody with 01 Trans Am gauges. I was posting it up because I saw some people wanted to intregrate GM factory gauges into their LC swap.

Assuming the factory ls truck gauges are similar to the car, wiring wise, it's not too difficult to do with 2 schematics.

Second firing of the LM7. Exhaust and shifter are the last two big things, oh and I need to figure out why my CDL isn’t engaging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom