8274 Winch Mounting Plate (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally mounted!

I had to use a few washers/spacers and slight trimming, but very happy with the Mount, very well designed and constructed!

I hope to find a little smaller/thinner fairlead, this one seems a little bulky!

E9C0EC05-9833-4DC8-A986-DE5B6C4E2E5E.jpeg

@desmocruiser The finished product looks spectacular! Seeing yours helped me realize this is the way to go on my truck. I’m curious how you trimmed the bumper opening? I guess my question is did you cut out a rectangular section out with tool like an angle grinder or did you use something more sophisticated?

@desmocruiser The finished product looks spectacular! Seeing yours helped me realize this is the way to go on my truck. I’m curious how you trimmed the bumper opening? I guess my question is did you cut out a rectangular section out with tool like an angle grinder or did you use something more sophisticated?
Thanks, I agree it is a great mount to keep the FJ40 design intentions and integrate the 8274.

We just used a cut off wheel for the opening, slightly bigger than the fair lead opening. It didn’t have to be perfect knowing the fair lead would cover the corners. I am not certain why and I haven’t heard of anyone else having to do so, but we had to trim ~1/2” of one side of the bracket that rests inside the bumper with a bandsaw to center it perfectly in the bumper.

Sent ya a PM.

this looks so awesome!! I'm so proud to have contributed to this!!

Sent you a PM about availability...

Debating on adding an 8274 to my ‘81. Who makes the fairlead that says land cruiser on it?

Desmo - phenomenal work sir.

BC262F76-19D4-47B2-AE7C-DA8438DA2BAD.jpeg

well got this 1975 and have an OEM bumper to go on, so looks like I need the plate once I remove the current s*** winch and winch plate below it, right?

203606702_3946963762081140_1411116918313688802_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom