8274 Winch Mounting Plate (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Turned out pretty nice.
IMG_4115.jpeg

I know, I know.

The heart wants what the heart wants.

Yes its powder coated blue.

I call it the Desert Sky Edition.

Besides the loss of purity points from a fairly stock truck I'm very pleased with the look.
No, no. It’s all good. It’s yours. Do with it what you want. It’s definitely unique. Never seen one like it. It’s pretty cool. So the rear crossmember is blue also then? I think I need to see more pictures.

For those of you that have mounted this is it bolting just to the top of the bumper support or do I need to remove and reverse my bumper supports that attach to the frame in order to get four bolts in? Hopefully the pics help show.

BF5CF7AE-3B30-44AD-80C9-BF9C6746DCD6.jpeg

461B971B-E5C6-4E3B-B2E5-832D9C9E5F52.jpeg

For those of you that have mounted this is it bolting just to the top of the bumper support or do I need to remove and reverse my bumper supports that attach to the frame in order to get four bolts in? Hopefully the pics help show.

View attachment 3200296

View attachment 3200297
I like the idea you're proposing. That would work. Most guys are putting bolts through where they can all the while putting bolts through on the bottom which relies on the metal of the actual bumper to connect back to the frame.

View attachment 3200296

View attachment 3200297
For those of you that have mounted this is it bolting just to the top of the bumper support or do I need
to remove and reverse my bumper supports that attach to the frame in order to get four bolts in?

Hopefully the pics help show.

View attachment 3200296

View attachment 3200297

I don’t know that much is required. I just added two bolts through the support and the bottom of the bumper on each side. If I was going to do what you are proposing I would buy an additional set of bumper supports and add them to the inside. You would have to add some plating to close in the channel on the inside. Drill out the rivets and bolt through both. Probably a lot more than what is required. I thought about adding steel to be able to bolt the support to the frame. I changed my mind when I thought that the Toyota engineers thought the bumper was good enough to just bolt the OEM PTO winch right to it. My two cents.

97192D4C-E74D-43EB-8218-39A9C886E9D2.jpeg

1FBBBB65-90D8-4ABD-8A90-E9D54F0A06D6.jpeg

I changed my mind when I thought that the Toyota engineers thought the bumper was good enough to just bolt the OEM PTO winch right to it. My two cents.
OEM PTO winch bolts to the frame, not the bumper. The fairlead rides above the bumper.

Hi. Want a set for a fj40 bumper. still, have stock?

@powthief19
Hi are you still making these kits? I am looking for a fully welded kit for an '82 BJ45. These look amazing!
Cheers,
Ben

This is exactly what we're looking for - awesome!

I have a question for those of you who have already installed it.

We're running a Saginaw steering box in the typical location and am wondering if we need to offset the plate towards the PS to make it fit. I don't have the 8274 winch in hand yet, so I'm wondering if any of you guys that have it mounted (with or without a Sag box) could let me know the distance from the DS edge of the winch to the inside of the DS chassis rail? If the Sag sticks out less than that distance I don't think we'd need to make any changes...

Any help would be appreciated!

P.S. I've already DM'd @powthief19 to get my hands on one!

Thanks

IMG_9899.jpg

Last edited:
Quick bump to see if anybody was able to take some measurements. No worries if not...we'll just sit tight until we get the winch and take the measurements then. If it all works out, we'll report back here...thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom