80 Series Group Buy - LED Light Bars (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I ordered 3/8 and 1/4.... I think 3/8 will go over 4G but will check it when I get home ... Which will be about 12pm Eastern

Lou

image-3010074614.jpg

2000UZJ said:
Everything from the 2X2 (Tessera now) to the 42" and future 52". Amber, clear, black and red will be available.

FYI: We have a few of our lights out at KOH. They are mounted on the support/media team for Greg Adler. Also have a few that will be put through there paces at the Everyman's Race. Should be exciting! I wish I was out there.

Any word on the light bar covers Nick? Are they on a ship on their way over here?

Any word on the light bar covers Nick? Are they on a ship on their way over here?

Covers are going to be made in GA. Going Saturday for a prototype run and test fit. I should have news Monday. Exams were this week and came up a little faster than expected.

Thanks Lou. Guess you got off a little early tonight.

Rigid mount arrived today. It looks to be 1/8" stock.

ForumRunner_20130222_175143.jpg

What you see above is how the bar sits in the mount. The ELS bar body is exactly the same length as the mount width. It is pretty stout and in order for it to fit the mount needs to be 1/2" - 5/8" wider. Being sturdy stock it cannot be just pried open to fit, it will need to be bent.

ForumRunner_20130222_175151.jpg

The mounting bolts for the ELS bar are slightly larger than the mounting points. As has been mentioned earlier(I think), using anything but the provided mounts will require new shorter bolts due to the mounting depth in the light housing.

So in summary, the verticals will need to be bent out 1/4" on each side and the end of the mount drilled out to accept the larger bolts. So for those hoping to purchase this and drop it on the front of their bumper, I am sad to say, that will not be the case. You would be better served to purchase a piece of flat bar stock and either bend your own or use that stock to mount the provided ELS brackets onto it.

Since I bought this one to try it out, I am not going to return it. My decision and it arrived as described, so I am going to see if I can gently pursued it in the vice a little. I will report back when I get time to fiddle with it.

ForumRunner_20130222_175143.jpg

ForumRunner_20130222_175151.jpg

Last edited:
Rigid mount arrived today. It looks to be 1/8" stock.

What you see above is how the bar sits in the mount. The ELS bar body is exactly the same length as the mount width. It is pretty stout and in order for it to fit the mount needs to be 1/2" - 5/8" wider. Being sturdy stock it cannot be just pried open to fit, it will need to be bent.

The mounting bolts for the ELS bar are slightly larger than the mounting points. As has been mentioned earlier(I think), using anything but the provided mounts will require new shorter bolts due to the mounting depth in the light housing.

So in summary, the verticals will need to be bent out 1/4" on each side and the end of the mount drilled out to accept the larger bolts. So for those hoping to purchase this and drop it on the front of their bumper, I am sad to say, that will not be the case. You would be better served to purchase a piece of flat bar stock and either bend your own or use that stock to mount the provided ELS brackets onto it.

Since I bought this one to try it out, I am not going to return it. My decision and it arrived as described, so I am going to see if I can gently pursued it in the vice a little. I will report back when I get time to fiddle with it.

I say cut it in half...enlarge the holes and be done ... The fact that the standard foot mount has one bolt per side and some use round clamps on the feet instead of bolts ... You shouldn't have a issue with it moving or coming lose ..... If you have to bend it 1/4 out over that short of length ...I'd be more concern that the face of the mount will no longer sit nice and flush to the light .....Or cut it and bolt a piece of aluminum flat stock to extend it or weld flat steel plate.. I think it would look better than bending the mount IMHO...

Lou

Last edited:
Yeah, that is probably what I will do. For it to fit correctly it would need two bends on each vertical. One out at the base and the one to straighten the mount back up. If I had a break or a better vice I might try to bend it. We'll see.

Now I just need to get some of those security nuts to bolt it all down with.

Yeah, that is probably what I will do. For it to fit correctly it would need two bends on each vertical. One out at the base and the one to straighten the mount back up. If I had a break or a better vice I might try to bend it. We'll see.

Now I just need to get some of those security nuts to bolt it all down with.

If you don't bend it I'll send you the nuts and my socket....for the install as long as you send the socket back...A box of 25 5/16-18 is $14.00 and the socket runs $29.00.. I have a few extra nuts Meaning I'd send you the nuts at no charge

Lou

Last edited:
I believe I might take you up on that offer. Do you know if the sockets are all the same, or specific to each box? In case I needed to remove them would I be able to order a socket for myself.

Also, Nick or anyone else, I am going to mount a pair of 2x2's in the stock bumper of my 98 4Runner until my Shrockworks bumper arrives. I have a spot pair and a flood pair. So for use to augment both low and Hi beams for night-time driving, which would you suggest I mount. With a little trimming they will actually fit in the bumper perfectly.

My thought is the floods may be best since they will throw light wide for a short distance and hopefully not blind other drivers. And Go....

I believe I might take you up on that offer. Do you know if the sockets are all the same, or specific to each box? In case I needed to remove them would I be able to order a socket for myself.

I think all the sockets are the same.

Mounted my 2x2 Floods on my 98 4Runner. Apparently I got port-side foglights installed. A little birdie told me they weren't a factory option in 98. Anyway the brackets, wiring and switch were there, just no lights, so I made a little modification to the brackets, put on the new ends and tada, fog lights. Gonna try them out tonight. Be interested to see how they do.

ForumRunner_20130224_155353.jpg

ForumRunner_20130224_155353.jpg

Awesome....
Thanks for the update on these !!!

Covers are going to be made in GA. Going Saturday for a prototype run and test fit. I should have news Monday. Exams were this week and came up a little faster than expected.

Installed Finally!

I finally got around to installing my light bar yesterday. Ended up going with the SLEE auxiliary light harness since I already had their upgrade light harness. I used a standard rocker switch and am happy with it. I had 3 light tabs on my Bumpit Offroad tube bumper from the PIAA lights I was previously running. I cut them off and relocated 2 of them for the light bar. Once it got dark I went out and tested the lights for the first time, AMAZING!!! Thanks Nick!

Cruiser Pics 004.jpg

Cruiser Pics 008.jpg

Cruiser Pics 009.jpg

I finally got around to installing my light bar yesterday. Ended up going with the SLEE auxiliary light harness since I already had their upgrade light harness. I used a standard rocker switch and am happy with it. I had 3 light tabs on my Bumpit Offroad tube bumper from the PIAA lights I was previously running. I cut them off and relocated 2 of them for the light bar. Once it got dark I went out and tested the lights for the first time, AMAZING!!! Thanks Nick!

Is that the 21"?

My buddy and I bought some of the light pods through this group buy. I haven't installed mine, but here's pics of his 4Runner

On the roof rack as reverse lights:
8485881479_8a31f951ed_h.jpg

In the bumper fog light holes
8506339720_7124fdfff9_h.jpg

My buddy and I bought some of the light pods through this group buy. I haven't installed mine, but here's pics of his 4Runner

On the roof rack as reverse lights:

In the bumper fog light holes

Nice setup!

-Daniel Kent

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom