80 Series Factory Bumper Swing Out DIY Kits (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Interested as well. I’ll keep an eye on the thread.

I would also like to purchase a kit for a 16” 35 wheel 5x150. I sent you a message. I’m absolutely cool with waiting.

I recently did some installs for a couple guys.

This one is a traditional kit
View attachment 2348820

The one below is a hilift kit and is a new version with the plates that support the wheel plate. Aesthetically, it’s basically unchanged with the tire on. I originally had plates CNC cut on the last batch to gusset the upright on each side, but wasn’t a fan of the aesthetics so I scrapped them on the last batch.
View attachment 2348821
Is the owner of this first 80 on the board? Would love to know more about the tires and wheels. That swing out looks really good on there.

Is the owner of this first 80 on the board? Would love to know more about the tires and wheels. That swing out looks really good on there.
Thanks, but I don't believe he is on here despite owning several awesome cruisers. If I remember correctly, they're stockton steelies made to oem 80 series specs
Are you going to have any more kits coming out soon?
I've got some prototype pieces that I'm about to pick up from cnc cutting hopefully this week (and then I can start welding things together and see how I like it), several different spindle designs will be coming in after the holidays. Then I have a couple more things to work out to make this the best swing out version yet. With material prices and everything skyrocketing, I'm really trying to optimize weight to keep material costs down and shipping costs down while not skimping on the rugged durability of the past designs. And it should be a bolt on install if all checks out...

Thanks, but I don't believe he is on here despite owning several awesome cruisers. If I remember correctly, they're stockton steelies made to oem 80 series specs

I've got some prototype pieces that I'm about to pick up from cnc cutting hopefully this week (and then I can start welding things together and see how I like it), several different spindle designs will be coming in after the holidays. Then I have a couple more things to work out to make this the best swing out version yet. With material prices and everything skyrocketing, I'm really trying to optimize weight to keep material costs down and shipping costs down while not skimping on the rugged durability of the past designs. And it should be a bolt on install if all checks out...
Sounds good What was the cost of one from the last batch?

I am interested in one of the traditional kits or the new prototype you are working on. Let me know when you start the next batch and what you expect the cost to be.

Update for y’all- I’ve got half of my cnc cut parts in and welded up. So far I’m liking what I’m seeing. I still have a few things to work through/test, so it’s not 100% there yet. I’m also working through some fresh branding and more logistical stuff to make the ordering process easier on everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom