80 Series Factory Bumper Swing Out DIY Kits (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

there must be 30 of us in line now. anyone know an ETA?

Nothing new as of yet. The city has been extremely slow moving to come out and upgrade the pigtail so I can upgrade the power to my garage despite continually calling. All I know is that they said it would be sometime “this month”, and then the electrician can come out and finish up that work.

Nothing new as of yet. The city has been extremely slow moving to come out and upgrade the pigtail so I can upgrade the power to my garage despite continually calling. All I know is that they said it would be sometime “this month”, and then the electrician can come out and finish up that work.
Thanks for the update

@SUMMIT CRUISERS a buddy (@bottombracket ) has one of your left side swing-out kits that has never been installed. He's offered it to me, but I need a right-hand side version due to the barn doors on my HZJ80. I want to keep the tire on the big door side so I can freely access the smaller left side door. Would you be up to swapping the left-hand specific bits for the right-hand ones?

Thanks,

@SUMMIT CRUISERS a buddy (@bottombracket ) has one of your left side swing-out kits that has never been installed. He's offered it to me, but I need a right-hand side version due to the barn doors on my HZJ80. I want to keep the tire on the big door side so I can freely access the smaller left side door. Would you be up to swapping the left-hand specific bits for the right-hand ones?

Thanks,

Unfortunately, I don’t have any arms of any kind at the moment, and I still don’t have the ability to produce them.

On the plus side, I’ve been told the power company will be coming out within the next week to upgrade the electrical service to my place so I can finally finish up the garage, build work benches, and get a batch going!

Thanks,
Would you be interested in selling the kit?

i need to resend my previous interest in the product. due to the lead time i got a setup from 4x4 labs.

Me too. Hopefully (hopefully!) I'll be liquid enough and in the good graces of my wife when these become available again. The liquidity issues seems to be moot but the good grace's part is always up in the air.

Interested in 1, located locally can pickup. PM me if you need steel and cutting. I run a stainless steel service center in Houston, with 2 waterjets and a plasma. Might be able to help you source some of the steel you need.

I'm in for one as well. Please keep us posted when you're up and running.

Interested in 1, located locally can pickup. PM me if you need steel and cutting. I run a stainless steel service center in Houston, with 2 waterjets and a plasma. Might be able to help you source some of the steel you need.

I appreciate the offer, but I’m not sure where me being local to Houston came from. I’m up in KC now so logistically that probably isn’t something that would work out to well.

Other news, electricians are scheduled to come out in 10 days and wrap up the service upgrade and wiring. Then I’ll be going full steam ahead on covering the walls and building work benches.

@SUMMIT CRUISERS Jr I've been following for a while and assumed you graduated (congrats if you did) and was wondering is this still going to be a part time gig with the new shop or more of a production with inventory on hand?

Unfortunately it seems like I have something else pop up when you do a release (this time is my front rebuild) and was curious if you see this as a side hustle or a focused effort. Either way I will happily wait and hopefully one-day my 80 acts right so I can purchase one of your setups.

@SUMMIT CRUISERS Jr I've been following for a while and assumed you graduated (congrats if you did) and was wondering is this still going to be a part time gig with the new shop or more of a production with inventory on hand?

Unfortunately it seems like I have something else pop up when you do a release (this time is my front rebuild) and was curious if you see this as a side hustle or a focused effort. Either way I will happily wait and hopefully one-day my 80 acts right so I can purchase one of your setups.

Thank you, yes I’ve been done for a little over a year now. I moved to a new state then finally found a place so it’s been a hectic year. I’m working full time at a design/engineer/build company. For the time being, swing outs are still a part time thing, but now I’m not locked into only working two months a year while I’m home from classes so depending on how much life I want to have, maybe I can turn it and some other ideas in my head into something more viable full time down the road.

Awesome and congratulations, that's a big accomplishment especially during the chaos of the last year. Looking forward to all the things to come and hopefully I can be a customer of one of your builds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom