'79 FJ40 roof rack ideas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been searching for a roof rack for my 1979 FJ40 but I can't seem to find a good option online or in the forums. Does anyone know of a manufacturer for something nice that I can remove when I want to? Thanks in advance,

Do a search, several good options. Diamondrax, Journey off road, Gobi and several MUD vendors that make nice racks. Start with the search function, there's about three days of solid reading on FJ40 roof racks.
Welcome :flipoff2:

What are you looking to carry? What are you looking to spend? And do you need it only with the top on or would you like it with the top off too?

For top on only: old conferr racks are hard to beat. They are stout and classic looking. However, they only work with the rain gutters on the hardtop and they add height/weight to the top of your already top heavy rig.
4715782332_bfa9c9a8eb.jpg

For top on/off: Gobi (though costly) is pretty sweet. The mount to the body and work with the top on and top off.
fj40r_2.jpg

Just bumped a 5x7 Conferr rack in the for sale forum.

Does anyone make a gobi type roof rack system(tube frame) that still allows operation/folding of windshield. It would need to be wide enough and attached to lower part of hinge. I have seen similar on jeeps but nothing from typical vendors for FJ40

That’s a great question, I wish I would have thought of it when I made mine haha might have redo mine now that you said that so the window could fold down

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom