Builds 71 Forty build - Tilda Bogue Service Station (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There is a guy in the steel wheel thread that put 255s on the Summit smooth vintique. They are 16x7. I thought they would make that skinny tire too square but they look good.

I’m digging the extra width on the City Racer wheels. Not gonna lie.

It’s filling up with parts so I don’t get them mixed up with the 45 project

View attachment 2985617
So what size are these tires? They do look a bit beefy.

This size will work on the narrow steel wheels? I have some new 16” OEM wagon style wheels that I had powdercoated white for my 82.
Yes. No problem

Yep. I’m REALLY digging those 285’s. Not making it any easier trying to save a little money. Racer 16’s May be in the near future.

I think I will order up some 285’s for my freshly coated 16” wagon wheels. I have been debating on size? But I like the beefy look of those 285’s. Not too fat, not too skinny. I have factory PS so size isn’t an issue. I hope Discount Tire doesn’t give me a hard time about mounting a 285 on such a narrow rim.

Well I’ve got the Seminole 45 at a stopping point so I dialed up the Wizard to try to make the passenger seat not tower over the drivers seat.

Drivers side will is mocked up for height so he can wrap his insane mind around the passenger side.

AD5A8481-88C6-4BFB-8DBB-7B867159A9C4.jpeg

Random question because of a sticker on your sink: ever been to Whistler in B.C. Canada?

We have a plan. I’ll release this formula once we get it completed but the seats will be nice and level using a combo of Corbeau e-73 brackets and some 74-78 OEM brackets.

I’m off to see @residualboulders in the Hole for a week with the family. Leaving the Wizard to do Wizard things.

Hopefully @RocketCityCrzrs will have me a motor ready about time I get back …..

BBAD7990-E854-4015-A050-D22113CDA029.jpeg

60D9F277-5B8A-4FCB-8ED9-A07075DCD780.jpeg

E002A545-D3A7-4E37-905A-F3F93FC81AD2.jpeg

My back needs some of those seats. Ran errands today in the 82 and between traffic, heat, no ac I am tired. Seats and ac are on the list.
I have a set of the Planted seat bases for the 79+ here I’ll send you when you pull the trigger

This is toying with my emotions (wallet). I hate my not level seats!
The fix will be pretty easy I think. More to come.

The Wizard finished up the stock carrier delete kit. Normally my patina trucks don’t need anything here but this truck is so “painted” I had to have something cool made.

These will be painted body color.

This keeps from having to take the truck to a paint shop

799E454A-276D-4151-8594-4D32E511A8CE.jpeg

FA1855E1-DB29-493A-98BF-418B544208D0.jpeg

These will be painted body color.

As always, outstanding work. I may have missed it earlier in the thread but, is this late model "FJC Green"? I'm kicking the can down the road on a repaint and I've really taken a shine to this green.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom