5x150 SCS F5 Wheels 16x8 (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

With +10 offset rims (50mm further out than the stock +60mm wheels) do you get rubbing? Are the tires able to tuck up inside the wheel wells at full compression?
I love the look of these wheels and the low weight, but the spacing seems really like a big change from stock. I've been looking for something in the +45 to +35 range and have only found one option so far. Any ideas?

I've only been able to get offroad a few times since I got this setup, but I've had no rubbing yet on 33s and OME 2.5" lift. Just had to trim some plastic on the back of the fender liner.

As far as the tuck, I haven't found a spot to flex it out completely. I'm no expert on suspension but I think you could run into problems if you go above 33", depending on your bumpstop, tire size and swaybar setup. Most guys on here seem to stick with a 1.25" spacer and are mostly ok... but there are endless arguments over how well that works. Some say you can fit 35s just fine, some say you need bigger bumpstops, etc. With these being just .7 inches wider than stock + 1.25" spacer, I'd guess that your tire selection is going to make a big difference.

My plan is to move up to 35s eventually, add a 1" body lift and new bumpstops. I'll try to get out soon to test the fitment on these at full compression and I'll update the thread as well.

This is how it sits now:
Roof%20Rack%20Delete%201_zpschfzax4d.jpg

Hold on. Hold on... to be fair, we're going to have to see some pics shot with a phone in bad lighting... you know, like the rest of us do ;)

Seriously - your pics are killer and the 100 looks badass with with that setup.

I look forward to seeing the updated photos and tire rub test!
Where are you at in Utah? I'm down in Springdale outside Zion Natl. Park

I look forward to seeing the updated photos and tire rub test!
Where are you at in Utah? I'm down in Springdale outside Zion Natl. Park

Nice! I love Springdale, especially in the fall and winter when there's less tourists... ha. I'm up in SLC, usually make it down south every few months.

Nice! I love Springdale, especially in the fall and winter when there's less tourists... ha. I'm up in SLC, usually make it down south every few months.

Me too! It's the only time I can catch some sanity in the canyon. We were incredibly busy over the holiday weekend a couple weeks back. 74,000 people trying to cram into the main Canyon in one afternoon. I imagine it won't be long before we are full in the winter too.

If you ever come to this area get in touch. There's some awesome 4x4 trails around here. We can go test the run on your setup!

My understanding is that you can put 285/75R/16 tires on stock suspension. Do you think the different offset of the F5 wheels makes that a no go? I've also read somewhere in this forum that a lift doesn't change the rub on your tire when fully stuffed....so a 2.5 lift and stock suspension will rub similarly?

I am purchasing an identical set from a mud member this weekend.

I currently have 285/75/16 KO2's on factory wheels without a lift. I'll take a few before/after photos at identical angles to show the difference.

I am purchasing an identical set from a mud member this weekend.

I currently have 285/75/16 KO2's on factory wheels without a lift. I'll take a few before/after photos at identical angles to show the difference.

Awesome! I can't wait to see the photos.

Ditto fellas,

Wanna see dem pics!

I'm more excited now as my flares are gone so I could hopefully run em w/out much rubbing.

Mine will likely take a couple weeks. The OP's photos are enough to drool over for awhile though.

No flex photos yet, haven't had time. But here's a few more photos -

2017-06-21%2017.35.08_zps7j1wiabj.jpg

The cruiser did great on this trail, nothing too sketchy but there were some good drop offs, ruts, mud and fallen rocks/trees in the way. Kept up with the mrzr and my buddy's jeep on 37s just fine. No rubbing at all.

2017-06-21%2017.34.07%20HDR_zpspy7ggksx.jpg

2017-06-21%2018.57.33-1%20copy_zps9at9fyks.jpg

Spent some time in an abandoned mining town. Roads were in rough shape, decided to test out the suspension. Went through some big potholes at 40-50 mph and no rubbing.
2017-06-21%2010.22.19_zpswxcfdmdr.jpg

I love this wheels in a 17", just not sure why every wheel manufacture keeps spacing them out. When trying to run a larger tire on a 100 we need them to tuck inside the wheel wells. A +45 to +50 would most likely be perfect for running a 35 to 37 inch tire. You can always add spacers if you want the wide look. It's my understanding that SCS created this wheel specifically for the 100. I believe they thought by making it +10 that more people would buy them because they would not have to add spacers to them later ( value perspective ).

However SCS missed a huge selling opportunity by not making this wheel in a 17", with either a +60 (stock 16", 17" & 18") or +50 (TRD Rock Warrior). They would have sold everyone they made. 17" wheels is about perfect for the 100 with 34" or larger tires.

SCS please make a 17" with a +50, you will kill it! Look at the classifies on MUD, the TRD wheels sell so quickly. Heck you may even sell more 16" wheels as well by moving all production to a +50. What says MUD? Post up your thoughts.

Last edited:
I'm game,

However it's probably on the production company that makes the wheels for SCS?

The higher offset does help clear the UCA, FWIW.

I just love how clean and simple they look, no center caps, the curves of the spokes match the lines of the Land Cruiser and the FJ for that matter extremely well!

Last edited:
I have the F5s and run 295/75r16 KO2s on my LX470. They rub the pinch weld pretty significantly at certain turning angles but with the AHC on high its very slight. i haven't modified it at all so i'm sure i can hammer/trim to make it fit fine. Haven't had time to test flexing yet though.

I love this wheels in a 17", just not sure why every wheel manufacture keeps spacing them out. When trying to run a larger tire on a 100 we need them to tuck inside the wheel wells. A +45 to +50 would most likely be perfect for running a 35 to 37 inch tire. You can always add spacers if you want the wide look. It's my understanding that SCS created this wheel specifically for the 100. I believe they thought by making it +10 that more people would buy them because they would not have to add spacers to them later ( value perspective ).

However SCS missed a huge selling opportunity by not making this wheel in a 17", with either a +60 (stock 16", 17" & 18") or +50 (TRD Rock Warrior). They would have sold everyone they made. 17" wheels is about perfect for the 100 with 34" or larger tires.

SCS please make a 17" with a +50, you will kill it! Look at the classifies on MUD, the TRD wheels sell so quickly. Heck you may even sell more 16" wheels as well by moving all production to a +50. What says MUD? Post up your thoughts.

Yeah I agree. I think the 5x150 wheels are probably their least sold item. Tons of guys run the 6 lug wheels on 4Runners and Tacomas, and that's why they have 10-15 options vs our 1 option. If the demand was there, I'm sure SCS would be into it. I'm considering the Hutchinson Rock Monsters when I move to 35s. They come in 17s with a less aggressive offset and will be perfect, except for the 40lb per wheel weight.

I hear your point about the 50-60mm offsets, but a 34-35"+ tire seems to be far from the desired norm. I think an in between would be ideal. A 30-40mm offset would allow damn near everyone to enjoy these wheels in any tire setup imaginable. From what I've seen on these 16" F5's, 295's look perfect and fit well with a 2.5" lift and slight trim.

That being said, I am eager to install my own F5's with 285/75/16's. I'm on OEM suspension with slightly cranked TB's.

That being said, I am eager to install my own F5's with 285/75/16's. I'm on OEM suspension with slightly cranked TB's.

I'm on slightly cranked TBs (stock tire size) and am looking forward to your photos to see what it looks like. Especially when viewed form the front to see the offset.

Found a spot to flex a little, nothing too crazy.
B7Ugfs7.jpg

0ZAMC4s.jpg

OlE8Ox9.jpg

iS03hLS.jpg

Wasn't quite touching the bumpstop. Still had plenty of room, could fit my hand between tire and fender front and rear. No rubbing on pinch weld/cab mount when turning, no fender contact. 285/75r16 on OME t bars and medium springs. Stock sway bar links.

I'll probably run into problems when I move up to 35s, but for now I've had 0 rubbing with 33s even at +10 offset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom