55 on Bring a Trailer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

white 55 2.jpeg
white 55.jpeg

He killed it with that v8 conversion. :rofl:

Good on the seller for pointing out all the bubbles. They will need certainly need attention in the near future, especially if it lives outside.

I usually don't like dark windows on older cruisers, but this one has me changing my mind. I might have to paint the 55 all lily white and black out the windows.

:hmm:

I have never liked tinted windows on any car because I always drove a bit faster than the limit and needed to count cars in the rear view. I have however, been thinking of blacking mine out. Mo black, you know the drill.

all that work for an old (but yes, strong) 3 speed auto with no overdrive.

looks good though, and will live a long time if kept in a garage.

Better than when they do all that work and leave the the 3 speed manual.

it's funny...my truck and wifey's truck are always white, but I love color on my Fj's. The pig looks bland in white, those 70's colos schemes looks great on them

hope it goes for a ton of money..Like above i'm not a fan of solid white however the tints give it a different look and will for sure be a cool truck parked out in the sun

It’s interestng how good the tint looks with solid white, I too don’t like the dark tint on vintage rides.

Reading comments on BAT at my desk today and it didn’t sound like the current owner knew to much about the build.

I’m assuming the V8 conversion is old given the vintage of engine listed, probably why only turbo 350 rather than 4l80E owhy?

Maybe it needs a big UN painted on it?

:hmm:

Another all white pig, although not quite as nice.

1975 toyota fj55 landcruiser

From the listing:

“Very little rust” & “do your homework”

I never liked homework, but can clearly see ALOT of rust. I guess “very little” can be interpreted many ways.

:meh:

FB586809-B510-4DCF-9B0F-AAC2F4C4BF1A.jpeg

Three days left and staying at $10,000. what do you guys think about the bubbled paint. Hit it with a flap disc and you'll see all the rust damage come through, which means metal welding and new paint, on and on. I'm not a fan unless I can see what was done before the paint.

Having seen more than one restored classic turn into a bad pile of poo I can say I’d dip mine if I was going to go that far, only way to significantly slow the rust devil down.

My dad dipped a 69 Alfa GTV... was so full of holes after that it just hung in the tractor shed for years, sure shows what ya got (or don’t) :(

I'd really like to do that someday, but I don't know of anyone doing it around the midwest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom