#5 Green 60, bodywork and paint (Princess) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Really nice work! I did mine exactly ten years ago December. Best month I’ve ever had with a truck,
it was so much fun! I’m impressed with your work, question - You built all your own repair panels?
Very cool 😎
You are in Texas? If you were closer I’d send you a entire roof, I’ve got one sitting out back in the lean to.
Those shots of your rear quarters were sad. To everyone with a 60, - there are drains there! Keep them
clean and painted. No reason, no matter how wet or muddy you get, for them to not drain and dry.
Mine get submerged regularly, creek crossings and swamp bogs. I keep checking and make sure they dry.
Glad you cleaned up the snorkel holes, I just got a new nutserts tool. Once I figure it out I expect a lot
of screw holes will get proper nuts and bolts.

Really nice work! I did mine exactly ten years ago December. Best month I’ve ever had with a truck,
it was so much fun! I’m impressed with your work, question - You built all your own repair panels?
Very cool 😎
You are in Texas? If you were closer I’d send you a entire roof, I’ve got one sitting out back in the lean to.
Those shots of your rear quarters were sad. To everyone with a 60, - there are drains there! Keep them
clean and painted. No reason, no matter how wet or muddy you get, for them to not drain and dry.
Mine get submerged regularly, creek crossings and swamp bogs. I keep checking and make sure they dry.
Glad you cleaned up the snorkel holes, I just got a new nutserts tool. Once I figure it out I expect a lot
of screw holes will get proper nuts and bolts.
Thanks! I am in AZ, not Texas.

I have been making my own panels, yes. I just ordered new sheet metal fab tools that will be quite the upgrade. Once these tools arrive and I dial them in, I hope to have door skin lower panels, lower quarter panels, and lower hatch & tailgate panels on the shelf at all times so I don't have to make them for each vehicle. Very excited!!:clap:

There were no drain holes, but that old metal needed to be replaced anyway. We will add drain holes for sure!;) Although, many people I would guess don't ever check the rear quarters for clogged drains and water. So, good advise!

Still waiting on the best day for the correct temperature. Looks like Monday or Tuesday now. Winter is not as easy, I would rather paint late after the temps cool off rather than winter :mad:. I am catching up on Tatonka while I wait for the paint booth.

Cleaned out the booth, hosed it down, rolled Princess in.

image.jpg

I kinda like sealer, hmm 🤔

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom