5.7 knock sensor harness, again. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well rodents got it again, for the 5th time in 3 years and the 2nd time in 6 weeks.
Good news is I've gotten really good at replacing it, Now HTF do I keep them from coming back?

I've tried the sprays, the oils, the lights, turning the car on multiple times a day, wrapping the new harnesses in loom and cloth tape,

I'm too old for this s***e. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
I'll give both a shot. Thank you.

After dealing with this for years I broke down and bought a bucket of this, along with a half dozen bait stations.
As long as I am diligent about keeping them stocked, our vehicles (and shop) have been rodent free.

Thank you . I armored up the new harness with more loom and cloth tape, rubbed Irish Spring onto it, adding peppermint oil, removed engine cover, and will look into the bait/stations.

Installing this morning.

Leave your hood open

The Honda tape doesn’t work - don’t ask me how I know 🙄

The second time around, our Lexus dealer built a cage out of chicken wire over the V where the tasty wires are in the GX - they made us swear not to use their name when we bring it elsewhere :rofl:

The Honda tape doesn’t work - don’t ask me how I know 🙄

The second time around, our Lexus dealer built a cage out of chicken wire over the V where the tasty wires are in the GX - they made us swear not to use their name when we bring it elsewhere :rofl:
That is absolutely awesome! :lol: