Events/Trails 4th Annual 200LCDC Event (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Count me in.

I sent him a PM three weeks ago so I could map out some time lines (Moab / ? LCDC) with no reply. - must be keeping tight lips on this one so far

Count me in. Thank you for starting the schedule early. We would like to visit some national parks again, so the sooner you can get the dates set, the sooner I can try to get lodging reservations at national parks (which tend to fill up very quickly).

I might suggest the Moab pre-run ends with the 150 mile Kokopelli Trail headed north back into Colorado, and then off to the LCDC destination, wherever that may be.

I might suggest the Moab pre-run ends with the 150 mile Kokopelli Trail headed north back into Colorado, and then off to the LCDC destination, wherever that may be.

YES!! I definitely want to do that. Not sure when to work it out...but it's on my list for sure!

I'll be doing the next one with a nearly stock LX instead of a built LC :)
I'm just glad your still in the game man:)! Stock LX's are super capable!

I'll be doing the next one with a nearly stock LX instead of a built LC :)

Ohhhhh!!! So you aren't OUT of the forum...you just went LX instead of LC! Woooooo! Thought we'd lost ya! :)

What year?? Is the stable mate a 991 now?

It's an 08 LX. I kinda went the opposite way from a sports car - the new stable mate to the LX570 is a fully built 17 Tacoma with AT Habitat and Goose Gear interior. I found my built 14 LC was perfect for solo camping, but when the wife and dog came it meant setting up a ground tent which I've never been a fan of. The Tacoma will be the family wheeling/camping truck, and the LX will be the daily driver and solo exploring truck (at least I think so - not totally sure of how it will work out). The 14 LC was traded on the Tacoma to one of the coolest dudes I've ever met, and he will be driving my old LC to Argentina then shipping to South Africa to be driven up to Egypt. He's giving it the life I never could have which makes me very happy (and a little sad at the same time) :D

tac3.jpg

And the LX which is getting shipped and should be here hopefully soon. Only an AHC sensor lift and 33" tires for this one:

lx1.jpg

Why did he want a 200 over the taco?

Good for you but I'm guessing he lost a lot of money on that deal!

I have been a member on here for about two years now -- without meeting anyone from the site. I will be retiring at the end of this year and have convinced my better half we should join in the next LCDC adventure. Assuming we can I ask only that planners consider we will almost certainly be in the practically stock 2017 LC -- sliders on now and probably only tires by then. I need to convince myself to give up the 2000 LX as there simply isn't enough in the budget to move forward on them both.

I diverge O/T.

I hope to meet some of the people and see some of the machines I have only read about. And maybe even see a bit of scenery along the way.

Why did he want a 200 over the taco?

Good for you but I'm guessing he lost a lot of money on that deal!

He spent a year in the Tacoma exploring and prefers the 200 for worldwide parts availability and believe it or not stealthiness. The Tacoma is North America specific, and built like this one makes it very conspicuous outside of NA. 200s are common throughout the rest of the world, and it has the benefit of being able to pull over, sleep in the back, and then jump in the driver seat and take off quickly if need be. The Tacoma requires a bit of time to set up and break down, so for solo travelers in third world countries the 200 makes more sense. He's a very experienced traveler and the deal made sense for him, so it was a win/win for both of us.

You’ll be fine. I did it this year with a set of K02 tires, no lift, and no sliders. I did take off the running boards. I stayed on the easy/moderate trails.

It's an 08 LX. I kinda went the opposite way from a sports car - the new stable mate to the LX570 is a fully built 17 Tacoma with AT Habitat and Goose Gear interior. I found my built 14 LC was perfect for solo camping, but when the wife and dog came it meant setting up a ground tent which I've never been a fan of. The Tacoma will be the family wheeling/camping truck, and the LX will be the daily driver and solo exploring truck (at least I think so - not totally sure of how it will work out). The 14 LC was traded on the Tacoma to one of the coolest dudes I've ever met, and he will be driving my old LC to Argentina then shipping to South Africa to be driven up to Egypt. He's giving it the life I never could have which makes me very happy (and a little sad at the same time) :D

View attachment 1560644

And the LX which is getting shipped and should be here hopefully soon. Only an AHC sensor lift and 33" tires for this one:

View attachment 1560649
I have been a member on here for about two years now -- without meeting anyone from the site. I will be retiring at the end of this year and have convinced my better half we should join in the next LCDC adventure. Assuming we can I ask only that planners consider we will almost certainly be in the practically stock 2017 LC -- sliders on now and probably only tires by then. I need to convince myself to give up the 2000 LX as there simply isn't enough in the budget to move forward on them both.

I diverge O/T.

I hope to meet some of the people and see some of the machines I have only read about. And maybe even see a bit of scenery along the way.

Ouray and Breckenridge both had fully stock trucks, and their drivers/passengers had a blast. There will be plenty of wheeling for you to do fully stock, and you'll likely find others in the same state of modification (or lack of). I truly hope you and your wife will make it! Great bunch of guys...and loads of fun.

Also... You will find a distinct LACK of "bad-ass" attitudes in this group. Very helpful, friendly folks who honestly try to make sure everyone enjoys the time. Come own down! :)

Last edited:
I certainly have no idea on what Cody & Co. are planning on doing. I would just have to think that the logistics of putting together a growing event like the LCDC, begs to keep it somewhat local. But who knows, maybe the first few events were just trial runs to launching an off-road guided travel company with destinations everywhere? :grinpimp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom