Builds 4bt cummins 96 FZJ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Time will tell but I believe the air leak is gone. My tank fittings I believe where the culprit. That's what I get for mod in the tank and putting the second row back in before testing everything.

A couple more hours of clean up under the hood and an exhaust hanger or 2 an I should be more comfortable going for some drives

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1410492688.186475.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1410492713.962260.jpg

I feel like its time to start cutting all these extra wires out and that I can take all the wiring diagrams down off the garage door. Feeling good started right up today drive to the the filling staton to put more diesel in the tank.

Spent 3 hours looming wires and getting them in safe spots. Hope to put some miles on it this weekend after putting some exhaust hangers in and putting the front bumper back on.

It looks a little funny I haven't lifted the back end I am waiting to see where the front ends up with the coilovers

Engine bay is getting less cluttered with every snip.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1410584179.160730.jpg

Should not be thinking about side marker lights but I am. Just got these in from amazon. Seems low based on others but right in the body line seems like the best place visually.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1410584505.295255.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1410584518.371655.jpg

Some times I need the little trivial distractions

Why did you ditch the stock air cleaner?

Why did you ditch the stock air cleaner?
i still have it it would just have to be modified. my shock hoop hits it in the stock location. most put the coil mounts further back but i didn't.

put about 30 miles on my cruiser today. spend most of the time adjusting cables and TPS. but is't shifting through all 4 gears had it up on the hwy for a few miles. it shift firm almost on the harsh side but no worst than diesel trucks i've ridding in the past with a shift kit and build trans. i can lighten it up some but them the torque converter is right at the point where it's locking and unlocking and i don't like that at all. I am sure I'll be tuning for some time

Why not just run od and lock up off pressure switches?

Why not just run od and lock up off pressure switches?

i've been thinking about that all day and what pressure with the converter locked up shifts are harder. it will hold 10-15 psi through shifts if i don't let of and let is shift. it's not that harsh and feels like it locks in quick with out slipping much tranny temps are 140-160 in 60-70 deg F weather.

I need to get my tach working to be able to better monitor that and i'll start with a light indicator so i can monitor easily and add a lock up switch

SMORR called, said he want's to see you.

I really wish I could. Have some schedule conflicts. I'd just ride along I'm not to that point of comfortable with the swap. Drive it to work today. Still a lot of tuning to feel good with the setup

Although I am confident enough to drive over to your place with all my spare parts some time.

Duplicate

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1410829785.153446.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1410829800.345176.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1410829814.446768.jpg

P
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1410829897.178863.jpg

No factory computer haven't pushed the top end but was on the hwy at 70 with more left for sure

Been emailing with Dustin I may need to put my tach pickup in a little further which will be hard to do installed.

I also an using the wrong wires to try ad pick the signal up

Feels good I'm taking notes and planning in doing a write-up of what have learned. I should have taken more notes before removing the old engine and tuning would have been much quicker. But at that point I wasn't sure what I would be dealing with or what would be important.

I'll prababaly end up only using about 45% of the TPS range as I really never want it to release the torque converter or up shift which really starts at about that range.

With only 25% it will up shift into OD at 30mph. It's all about speed and throttle position. That's the biggest factors if your going fast with very little throttle input it will want to shift sooner.

Last edited:
also got my tach working. I e-mailed Dustin for some advice and for some reason i thought the crank position sensor was used for the tach. the Distributor wiring is. so i changed the wiring to the Blue (same as the Crank position sensor) ground and the white and it works. not sure if the other 2 wires would have works also or not. Dustin wasn't specific on that just said the distributor wiring is correct for the sensor type that the kit included and toyota tach works off of.

have about 190 miles on the set up have the waste gate set to 24psi now and have more to go. will get a video running down the road now that the tach is working

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom