40 series general tech and classifieds (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@offr0adlim0 replaces the Delta Beast transfer case this month.
Sumbitch’ll go! Great work on engine @FJ60Cam
684DC5AB-99B4-4D8E-9A6D-B57F3CC4717F.png
8E7DD811-3824-44EA-83CF-D4313D47DA32.jpeg

Post 704. Great truck for the money

Followed me home....
5B650C33-FBBB-4DBB-BFB1-8FAAB409D016.jpeg

heck yeah!

yes sir, we made a haul azz trip to Colorado Springs from Texas last night and today, on our way home now.

I have a very nice solid 71 that I’ve decided to sell, I’ve invested around
7E280531-B146-489E-A592-3A809754F968.jpeg
7E280531-B146-489E-A592-3A809754F968.jpeg
C9DBBC4D-D4FA-4A32-B010-6FF897BA87CC.jpeg
28B86653-9196-48ED-B61B-CFDFE8F7ED77.jpeg
4C7D4D27-1AB7-43C8-8926-AC938FBA1EF9.jpeg
F8529729-5BC1-4A04-89D8-3FB9650974BA.jpeg
33k in it, it was restored in Dallas by the previous owner in 04. It won the show at CCOT then was stored since 05 in a hanger until I bought it two Thanksgivings ago. I installed a new fuel system, rebuilt the distributor, replaced much of the cooling system, new fluids and new AGM battery.

Was it bad enough that the "Complete Compound" treatment didn't go far enough? Last night, I worked some of the deadest paint I've ever seen, and it came out beyond my expectations using just the DA buffer and some CC...........

Lou can’t take the easy path

Was it bad enough that the "Complete Compound" treatment didn't go far enough? Last night, I worked some of the deadest paint I've ever seen, and it came out beyond my expectations using just the DA buffer and some CC...........

not really.
I had sanded some (a little too aggressively I may add) on the hood to work on some of the rust and paint flaking.....600/800 was a little to harsh, not for those areas, but the decent paint around.

so. I had to sand the whole hood and fender. And by then, it was way to shiny. And I had to at least wet sand the rest of it and then go to a medium compound and then polish and then wax.
Ugh.

And. Yeah. Complete compound is great. But when you compare it to a section that has been sanded and cut and then buffed, you’re screwed. Even if it is on an old green turd like the Gob.

Anyone know where the coil was mounted on a early 40?

20200412_192355.jpg

Pulled the PS fender today and I can make a bracket for the charcoal canister to mount toward the firewall, but the coil bracket looks to be spot welded on. I could probably transfer it from one to the other, but if there is a better spot I'm interested in hearing.

I'm probably not going to put the washer bottle back on and will figure out something creative for a new overflow bottle, so the coil is the only thing I really need a place for. Or perhaps since I'm looking at going sniper, should I just get a DUI and not worry about the stock coil.

Last edited:
Coil mounts to the cylinder head on the passenger side.

Opinions wanted.

78 40 looks like it has a JT outfitters or MAF style saginaw pump mount. Doing some work on steering. New box and pump are going on. Any reason to junk the current pump mount for a Valley Hybrids bracket? Seems Georg's bracket gets all the nods, but if the current one will work I don't see a reason to reinvent the wheel. But if I need to make a change, nows the time.

Thanks

Opinions wanted.

78 40 looks like it has a JT outfitters or MAF style saginaw pump mount. Doing some work on steering. New box and pump are going on. Any reason to junk the current pump mount for a Valley Hybrids bracket? Seems Georg's bracket gets all the nods, but if the current one will work I don't see a reason to reinvent the wheel. But if I need to make a change, nows the time.

Thanks

The biggest upgrade on Georg’s kit in my opinion is the wide pulley that allows you to use a Cruiser width belt.

If your setup has a wide pulley then run it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom