Builds 4 door FJ40 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_20150314_115935580.jpg

My dual cab rear door

Sweet. How did you work out the interior side and the window regulator?

I finally got settled in the new job, found a place with a garage and RV parking. Moving all my garage stuff and a disassembled project was a challenge but we made it and with the mild weather, i am anxious to attack the project again. :)

I went to a local body and frame shop but they weren't interested in straightening the frame since it wasn't insurance work. Disappointing. Trying to find a straight frame to start over but only found one that was quite rusty and hacked so far.

Surely Somebody will straighten that frame for ya. They might just need some green encouragement

I went to a local body and frame shop but they weren't interested in straightening the frame since it wasn't insurance work. Disappointing. Trying to find a straight frame to start over but only found one that was quite rusty and hacked so far.
You gotta search for an old school body shop, preferably one that works with big trucks. I went through three locally before someone referred me to who they send this type of work out to. Guy charged me $200 to straighten a frame ... keep searching, they are out there.

Tucker

Agreed... most "body shops" only want insurance work. look for a place that does hot rod work, even a mechanic shop... they will be able to point you in the right direction.

I think I found a donor cruiser with a good frame locally. Working on the deal now :)

Picked it up yesterday. It came with a set of doors that I needed as well :) game on!

1428876106959.jpg

My old neighbors were used to it after 10 years, but I just moved into this neighborhood. Not quite sure how receptive they will be........

1428876106959.jpg

NICE 80 with FJ wheels.
How does it tow?
I'm glad your back in the saddle.
How wide did you make the rear doors?
Do they go all the way down?

It tows slow...... :)

I tow with my 80. I haul my zuk buggy with it. it's slow but gets it done.

getting back on track.. are you planning on cutting and stretching this frame as well?
I would say yes but wasn't sure if you were after the body as well.

The body is mostly junk. I bought it for the frame. I'm tearing it down now. So yes, as long as it is straight, this frame is going under the knife.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom