3D Printed Key Fob - Bye Bye Cracked OEM Shells (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ordered a black one for a gx470 to give as a Christmas gift. Thank you!

Whats the status (is there one) on the 80 series?

I need one in orange for the 100 series but I lost a couple of buttons from my remote. Does it come with buttons?

@suprarx7nut, I just ordered one of these fobs in red for my LX, and am looking forward to it thoroughly! I'm a frugal mofo, and this is my one christmas present for myself this year and I'm thrilled!

Haha, that's awesome. Merry Christmas!

I just ordered a red one yesterday! Cannot wait to get it! the PO of my cruiser glued the old key together and it lasted me 4 years so not bad. My only worry now is how much glue he used and what I will have to deal with when I break that key apart.

Ah yes, I can relate. My PO keys were electrical taped and glued together. He said he gave up on the remotes long ago and had been using the back up transponder keys for years and years. Hopefully you were able to switch the remote out without trouble.

Ordered a black one for a gx470 to give as a Christmas gift. Thank you!

Thank YOU! :)

Whats the status (is there one) on the 80 series?

The 80 series is on hold while I work out some kinks in the design. I've got a functional design, but frankly it's not up to the proper quality level yet. @UCLAcruiser is the guinea pig and he found a few problems right off the bat. I have a revised version ready, but I'd like some additional feedback from him to make sure I get it right. You guys deserve something that'll last and feel as sturdy as the 80 series. My first rev is more like an early 90's, 2WD, Ford Ranger. Ew.

Please bare with me. It should be worth the wait!

I need one in orange for the 100 series but I lost a couple of buttons from my remote. Does it come with buttons?

I do NOT have the buttons (or remote) available. There seem to be many posted on Amazon and eBay so I would try finding something on there.

I ordered one for my 100. I've had about a month and love it.

Very cool, thanks for the kind words.

status update on the 80 series?

See my reply above. It's at a snail's pace, but it is coming sometime soon. I need to improve a few things on it before it's ready for you guys.

I just ordered 3 of these (2 to TN, 1 to CO). Looking forward to ditching all of our broken keys. Is the white still an option? I might have a need for a 4th key shortly and would be interested in doing a custom dye job if white is available.

I just ordered 3 of these (2 to TN, 1 to CO). Looking forward to ditching all of our broken keys. Is the white still an option? I might have a need for a 4th key shortly and would be interested in doing a custom dye job if white is available.

Very good, I see your orders and expect to get your parts shipped out early next week. I do have white available (2 on hand right now), but it is not listed for sale at the moment. If you want a white one, let me know and I'll send you an invoice for payment.

FYI, some dyes struggle to bond with the plastic. If you try it, be sure to use something strong (I hear acid based dyes work well) or just expect a dull finish. I still have the professional print service do my dying because they get far more color than I could get when I tried to dye a few.

Thanks for your support!

Just ordered an orange one!

In regards to making these for the 80 series, in which I would be interested. Have you given it any thought to making them in a similar fashion, as the 100's in that they are separate from the key?
Thanks

Just ordered an orange one!

Thanks! Should be shipping out shortly.

In regards to making these for the 80 series, in which I would be interested. Have you given it any thought to making them in a similar fashion, as the 100's in that they are separate from the key?
Thanks

As far as I'm aware all the 80 series fobs were already separate from the keys. Was there an 80 series version that had the remote integrated into the key?

As far as I'm aware all the 80 series fobs were already separate from the keys. Was there an 80 series version that had the remote integrated into the key?

Mine is integrated...:( '97 40th model.

Mine is integrated...:( '97 40th model.

Hmm, cool!

Got a pic you can share? Or a google image link? If it was used in other models or if it's more popular in the 80 than I thought there may be enough demand for me to pursue.

part0_7.jpg
Honestly I don't care for it, it's very prone to breaking off the key, it's held on with 2 small screws. The green button is auto-start. For all I know it could be aftermarket...

View attachment 1379806 Honestly I don't care for it, it's very prone to breaking off the key, it's held on with 2 small screws. The green button is auto-start. For all I know it could be aftermarket...

Whoa. That's.... unique, haha. Here's some additional info on that remote: Securikey+ ELVAT6B 0014-S0274 0014-S0273 History, Information and Programming Instructions

I think that design could be drastically improved. That looks like a key for a jellybean car or something. I doubt the circuit board inside is that shape so I wonder why they went with that overall shape on the shell.

Anyone else have a key like the one above?

my stock keyfob is seperate from the key on my 96 80 series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom